FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in Port-au-Prince
Information Technology Assistant
Job Posting: 22/Nov/2019
Closure Date: 13/Dec/2019, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : FLHAI
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Haiti-Port-Au-Prince
Duration : 11 months. A first contract of 6 months renewable based on performances
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions. Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply. People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Position’s primary focus is on the areas of IT support and local IT operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software), and helpdesk. Performs a variety of information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of the corporate IT services. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the IT support and operation, in particular with the regional ISD in order to achieve desired results.
Under supervision and overall guidance of the FAO Representative and in close coordination with the Regional Information Technology Officer of RLC, and direct supervisor of The Administrative and Finance Officer.
The incumbent is accountable for the IT support and operation at the level of the country office and she/he is responsible to understand the corporate setup, rules, regulations and policy and fulfill all the needed competences, skills and certifications needed.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in the presentation of display materials and Video Conferencing events;
- Provide orientation to New Users on the IT rules and regulations, in particular related to equipment, printers, scanners, and IT security matters;
- Provide instructions to users on existing technology and potential use (One drive for Business, Team-works, MSOffice, Intranet, Skype for Business, etc.);
- Provide instruction to users on guidelines, policies, and standards.
- Receive, log and monitor requests related to IT matter, in the Service Desk LANDesk system, resolve IT-related issues pertaining to FAO standard equipment, escalate those issues that cannot be solved to the IT Group of the Regional Office, monitor progress and resolution.
- Provide support to missions from Regional Office, HQs, or internal missions within the Decentralized Office.
Network and connectivity
- Assist to develop an adaptable and effective office network infrastructure (LAN and WAN) and the respective office connectivity contract;
- Maintain maintain the office technology maps up to date, the architecture and technical specification of the network infrastructure (LAN and WAN);
- Ensure security of the network by following security policies and report problems when they are detected.
- Keep track of IT assets and maintain the local office IT inventory list up-to-date;
- Monitor IT equipment expiry dates on a monthly basis and take upgrading/replacing measures in time;
- In case of equipment to be granted to external organizations, follow the MS502 procedures and inform the ISD accordingly;
- Assist to assign new equipment and update the IT equipment inventory list on the regional assets record on regular basis.
Corporate and non-corporate software
- Ensure that all the official equipment (desktop and laptop) in the office are up to date in terms of the corporate policy and requirements;
- Inform users that all the non-official equipment cannot connect to the corporate network or using corporate services, except Wi-Fi public internet connectivity;
- For all non-corporate software follow the clearance process and ensure that no non-corporate software is installed in FAO equipment without official clearance;
- Ensure security and privacy of user identity (user credentials) and data managed by the user, following the relevant corporate policies.
- Support the corporate IT Services according to the current policies and regulations, ensuring the timely provision of the Post Incident Report (PIR) to the regional ISD;
- Troubleshoot requests related to IT hardware, software and services issues, reporting and recording accordingly in the corporate Service Management system;
- Fulfill requests the SLAs, and when this is not possible to escalate the issue to the regional ISD;
- Manage all troubleshooting through helpdesk, prepare proper logs and keep records of completed tasks on the helpdesk ticketing tracking system.
Planning and proactive work
- Support regional ISD providing all the needed assistance in terms of the ABC categories timely (IT Management and Support matters);
- Identify the future needs in the office in terms of equipment, connectivity and moves, timely informing the ISD;
- Perform a simulation of the Disaster and Incident recovery plan, reporting to the regional ISD about the planning, execution, lesson learnt and proposed improvements;
- Be aware of all the IT Division policies and ensure to follow them accordingly.
- Provide IT assistance to staff and visitors for organizational related issues;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the regional ISD related with the IT Services;
- Stay committed and ready to take-up any assignment given by supervisor and senior management (FAOR).
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Secondary education with specialized formal training on ICT systems
Required not expired Certifications:
- UNDSS Information Security Awareness – Foundational;
- Passed MD-100 exam of the Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate certification
- Other relevant Microsoft and Apple certifications would be desirable
- Cisco CCNA certified would be desirable
- ITIL v3 certification would be desirable
- 4 years of relevant work experience in ICT Support services including 2 years within UN agencies would be advantageous;
- Prior work experience gained in a Service Desk client orientated environment;
- Fluent or advanced in French and limited (Level B) in English). Knowledge of Spanish is an additional advantage.
- National of Haiti or resident in the country
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Networking and IT Equipment support experience;
- Experience in MS O365 platform support;
- Hands on experience in Microsoft O365, systems installation and configuration;
- Strong understanding of desktop and laptop hardware set-up and configuration;
- Good communication skills;
- Team work;
- Knowledge of UN system policies, rules, and regulations;
- Work experience within United Nations System or an international organization is an asset.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT