New Delhi, India
UNDP is currently working in various areas concerning sustainable development, from systems and institutional strengthening to inclusive growth and sustainable livelihoods, as well as sustainable energy, environment and resilience.
The Climate Change, Resilience and Energy (CCRE) portfolio of UNDP is organized around the thematic areas of climate change adaptation and mitigation; disaster management and resilience; and access to clean and efficient energy. The technical consultant will work directly under the supervision of Chief, CCRE, and support the partnership engagement between UNDP and the ISA.
In the context of establishing a long-term partnership between ISA and UNDP, this project will provide immediate support to strengthen the institutional capacity of ISA in areas identified by the joint UN Mission. The purpose of this program partnership is to support implementation of the most immediate of these priorities so as to accelerate operationalisation of the ISA mandate for review at the 3rd Assembly in October 2020. Work areas include: Strengthening operational capacity so that the ISA can effectively fulfil its role.
- Strengthen programming capacity and enhance visibility for its positioning.
- Establish national /international partnerships for South-South Cooperation
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will report directly to Chief – Climate Change, Resilience and Energy, UNDP.
- Liaison and strengthen the partnership engagement between UNDP and ISA by developing a clear framework for communication, delivery and monitoring and evaluation of deliverables.
Assist in developing a strategy to coordinate the provision of operational and programmatic support to the ISA in an organized and timely manner. Develop the detailed work plan with activities and timelines for deliverables. Nodal person for internal (between UNDP and ISA) and external communication (Regional Office as and when required). Assist in developing and implementing other projects within the CCRE portfolio as and when required.
Any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the organization
Job Knowledge/ Technical skills
- Good technical knowledge on energy / environment management / project coordination / implementation
Good technical and analytical writing skills Good project development skills and understanding project management Decisiveness, independence, good judgment, ability to work under pressure
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher academic qualification desired) from a recognized institution in Energy / Environment Management/ Sustainable development /Social science
- At least 6 years of programme / project coordination and implementation.
At least 5 years of relevant post Masters experience at the national level on climate change and relevant programmes. Good communication, project coordination and organization skills Familiarity with the working environment and professional standards of international organizations and multilaterals is desired
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is essential
- Proficient-level of IT/computing skills (minimum: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive constructive attitude;
- Ability to prioritize assignments and requirements, and multitask as needed;
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Hindi is desirable.
Remuneration package – INR 98,492/- per month
- Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professionalreferences.
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
Evaluation and ranking will be done based on the following criteria:
- Educational Qualification: 30Marks;
- Relevant Experience: 40Marks;
- Interview: 30Marks
Candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% (49 marks) of 70 marks will be eligible to appear for the interview. Top scoring candidates (out of total 100 marks) will be sent offer of consultancy in order of ranking.
Interview for the shortlisted candidates would be either conducted face to face in Delhi or by telephone / over skype.
Note – Please ensure that all the documents to be uploaded should be combined in a single PDF file before uploading as the system has provision of uploading only one document.
For any clarifications, please write to: [email protected]
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Refer a Friend Apply Now