- THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION FOR WHICH ONLY APPLICANTS WHO ARE NATIONALS OF SPAIN ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION*The ICT Senior Analyst – Solution Design will carry out his/her tasks within Enterprise Solution Services (ESS) of Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) at the UN ICT Facility, Valencia (UNICTFV). Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the incumbent works under the guidance of Chief ESS in New York and direct supervision of Information Systems Officer – Web Services in New York, provides specific expertise in the implementation and operation of the UN public information website solutions.
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for or in the United Nations Secretariat. The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.Under the supervision of the UNOPS Senior Programme Manager in New York and direct supervions of Information Systems Officer – Web Services in New York, the incumbent will be responsible for performing the following duties:
Application Development and Support
- Support front end theming for Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 websites to adhere to UN branding standards across a range of browsers and devices, including, mobile;
- Support full-life cycle implementations of Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 based solutions with a wide range of integrations with UN and third-party systems for identity, search, as well as, media and document access;
- Create and test custom Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 modules;
- Work with and support other drupal developers in the Unite Web team; Conducting peer review of Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 code created by other developers;
- Perform site-building activities, including creating and modifying views, contexts and blocks to match functionality specified in wireframes and designs ;
Systems Architecture and Design
- Architect and build/theme responsive Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 websites as per client needs, while complying with UN information security and ICT technology standards, multilingualism, accessibility and UN branding requirements;
- Evaluate designs, wireframes and other deliverables during the design and user experience phase for potential development issues and flag feasibility challenges when needed;
- Develop and maintain a style guide;
- Help evaluate and make decisions on technologies, tools, integrations and overall DevOps approach;
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Impact of Results:The results of the work of the : ICT Senior Analyst – Solution Design impact directly on delivery of Unite Web and Field Mission Drupal websites and that satisfy deliverables agreed upon with client offices. It will also ensure proper processes and methodologies are followed and implemented according to the latest of the industry standards. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring activities for all global locations are in line with the overall business targets and UN policies, rules and regulationsEducation:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in information technology, computer science, engineering, business or in a field related to the post description.
- A first level university degree with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience in information technology, computer science, engineering, business or in a field related may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible professional experience in building complex ICT solutions.
- A minimum of two (2) year of experience in software design and development
- A minimum of one (1) years of experience as a Drupal front end developer
- One (1) year of project management experience
- ITIL Foundation
- PRINCE 2 Foundation
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN language is highly desirable.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Contract type : Staff
- Contract level : NO-B
- Contract duration : One year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability’
For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information: Sustainable Development Cluster(SDC)
Based in New York, the Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations.
The SDC’s services include grants management, development and special initiatives support, and technology support to the UN and UN agencies.
The SDC is part of the New York Service Cluster that supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations, bilateral and multilateral partners in the delivery of UNOPS mandate in project management, infrastructure management, and procurement management.