New Delhi, India
WHO New Delhi, India
Human Resources Assistant
( 1905121 )
Grade : G4
Contractual Arrangement : Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration : Two years
Job Posting: Dec 10, 2019, 4:32:31 AM
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Department of Administration and Finance is responsible for providing efficient and effective support service to all programmes and activities of the Organisation in the South-East Asia Region in respect of human resources management, administration, budget and finance, procurement, conference, IT services, staff security and staff medical services.
The objective of the Human Resources Management (HRM) unit in SEARO is to recruit the best qualified personnel in a timely manner; deliver effective and efficient HR services to clients in the Regional Office and Country Offices; promote a culture of staff well-being and development; and guide staff, including new and reassigned staff members, as well as managers through the provision of expert advice on all human resource related matters.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Associate (HRM-REC) and general supervision of Regional HR Manager (RPO), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Reviews and processes recruitment actions for staff/non-staff contracts in Stellis and GSM, ensuring availability of complete documentation and compliance with applicable policies and procedures;
- Regularly monitors status of various recruitment actions in Stellis and GSM and briefs supervisor and hiring managers for timely actions to ensure timely completion of recruitment processes;
- Uses the GSM system, Stellis and other systems to track, monitor and extract recruitment and staffing trends effectively to allow for comprehensive records, reporting and statistics;
4 . Assist in compiling and distributing folders or related documents in respect of recruitment of all categories of temporary staff;
- Assist in arranging appointments for selection committee, logistics, Webex / video/tele-conferencing with other countries/Regions;
- Assist in issuance of Vacancy notices (VNs)/processing of Stellis requisitions and downloading of applications upon closure of VNs;
- Assist in onboarding process in Stellis;
- Maintain close follow up of ongoing requisitions and assist in fast-tracking recruitments;
- Maintain and updates internal databases as necessary;
- Performs other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work;
- Essential: Completion of secondary school education
- Desirable: University degree is an asset. Training in the field of human resources is an advantage.
- Essential: At least three (3) years’ experience in secretarial/clerical / administrative work
- Desirable: Experience in human resources management is an asset.
Experience in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices.
- The incumbent keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, and WHO.
- Ability to draft standard correspondence;
- Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.
- Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training
Other Skills (eg. IT): Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and standard office equipment. Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English and Hindi Languages.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at INR 608,064 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Please note applications should be submitted through WHO’s online recruitment portal. Please visit www.who.int/careers to complete an online profile and to apply to this vacancy.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- The written test for shortlisted candidates will tentatively be held during the week of 13 January 2020. Candidates are advised to make themselves available during that period.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.