Follow this company
Under the supervision of the Medical Officer / HIV and Hepatitis, and the overall guidance of the WHO Representative, the SSA/HIV-AIDS Treatment will carry out the following duties:
– Provide technical support to the Department of Health (DOH), civil society, partners, private sector among others in the development and implementation of HIV treatment guidelines.
– Support the people living with HIV sector in the implementation of the community HIV treatment monitoring initiative, in collaboration with DOH, SANAC, CDC and other partners.
– Work with the Department of Health, non-governmental sector and other key partners and the civil society in the development of strategic information systems, and generation, dissemination and use of strategic information for evidence-based decisions especially with regards to HIV treatment and care;
– In collaboration with the Medical Officer/HIV and Hepatitis, and the HIV Prevention Technical officer, work with the UN Joint team to strengthen national advocacy, partnership and resource mobilization for supporting implementation of the national HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program.
– To report on a regular basis to the Medical Officer/HIV and Hepatitis, and to WR, on the implementation and progress of agreed HIV treatment and strategic information plans;
– To perform other duties as requested by the Supervisor.
3.1. WHO Competencies:
– Producing results
– Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
3.2. Functional Knowledge and Skills
– Expertise in HIV/AIDS including ART, in the public health field, together with demonstrated knowledge of planning, management and coordination of health programmes in particular related to HIV/AIDS technical issues.
– Strong leadership skills, motivation and capacity to act with tact and diplomacy with a broad range of people and officials.
– Ability to collaborate/communicate with all relevant stake-holders involved in national scale-up efforts, including national authorities, international partners, NGO’s and people living with HIV.
– Demonstrated organization and managerial skills;
– Knowledge of or familiarity with WHO mandate, work and goals as related to HIV/AIDS.
3.3. Education Qualifications
Medical degree in health sciences from a recognized university and post-graduate degree in public health or a related field.
Training in HIV services, especially ART, is an asset.
Considerable experience in HIV/AIDS service delivery at national, provincial and/or district levels.
Experience in health planning, monitoring and evaluation of operational and technical interventions, especially HIV/AIDS.
Experience in WHO or an international organization or institution, preferably in the UN System.
Management and leadership experience are assets.
3.5. Use of Language Skills
Excellent knowledge in written and spoken English
3.6. Other Skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power point
Knowledge and skills of statistical analytical packages is an advantage
The SSA/HIV Treatment will be remunerated in line with the UN local salary scale on a salary ranging from R80,000 per month to R100,000. The exact salary will be determined based on the education and qualification of the selected candidate.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS A 12 MONTHS CONTRACT..