Follow this company
Why Join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
About Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP)
ASAP is funded through an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) led by IntraHealth. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for PEPFAR program implementation in FY20 and FY21.
Summary of Role
The Gender Equity Advisor is responsible for providing technical and strategic guidance for USAID Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) in the development and implementation of gender equity strategy as well as adapt/develop gender training material and tools for use with in the organizations and service delivery. S/he will provide technical support to LIPs to ensure utilization of proven gender-sensitive client-provider interaction techniques and methodologies to address gender priorities. The Gender Equity Advisor will report to the ASAP Ethiopia Country Team Leader.
- Provide strategic and technical guidance to LIPs in the development and implementation of gender equity policy and strategy
- Provide technical assistance to conduct gender analysis and assist LIPs in designing gender integration in to program interventions
- Develop/adapt gender training material and tools to the country context
- Conduct gender-related training, sensitization and support LIPs in developing communication materials
- Adapt/develop gender related performance indicators to track progress of LIPs in gender integration and gender equity interventions
- Support evidence-based planning, analyzing program data and lessons from global experience
- Provide TA in documentation of success stories, lessons learned and challenges with integration and implementation of gender into the program.
- Assist LIPs with gender disaggregated quarterly and annual reporting as well as annual work planning and budgeting
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Science, Gender studies or related field with minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in International NGO setting
- Experience developing gender strategies, trainings and tools that can be integrated into program interventions, organizational development and service delivery.
- Demonstrated Capacity and experience using research data and program delivery results to strengthen and improve gender integration.
- Established capacity to work as a team with various technical, clinical and administrative personnel.
- Experience in providing Organizational Capacity Development Technical Assistance
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, using own initiative
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively on a team.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Must have analytical skills, interpersonal skills, team management
- Must be willing to be co-located with Local Partner to provide technical assistance.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:
Learn more about “Who We Are” @:
Skills : English: Required Advanced
Education : Masters
Experience : 0 years: Experience in providing Organizational Capacity Development Technical Assistance
0 years: Experience developing gender strategies, trainings and tools that can be integrated into program interventions, organizational development and service delivery.
8 years: Relevant experience in International NGO setting