The Gender and Protection Coordinator (GPC) is responsible for the overall direction and performance of the Gender and Protection program portfolio. The range of duties include playing a critical role in defining the sector’s programs principles, objectives and operational strategies; setting standards for project implementation, monitoring and evaluation; overseeing project planning and budgeting; giving technical assistance to staff (or recruiting and hiring specialists as needed for various projects); ensuring collaboration with counterpart agencies; representing the CO to external organizations. The GPC will be responsible for new project development starting with the identification of program initiatives appropriate to both the sector and country strategies, all the way through submission of quality proposals. The GPC will assure collaboration and synergies among projects within the sector as well as between this sector and the WASH, Cash and Livelihoods, Shelter, Food and NFI sectors.
- People management
- Program quality and implementation
- Resource mobilization
- External relations and partnerships
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus seven (7) years of technical experience
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in mid-level management positions with team management of supervision responsibilities
- Three years of experience in project management
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Gender and Protection technical knowledge of Sphere minimum standards and best practices
This position will be for 4 – 5 months.