The International Potato Center (CIP) is looking for a dynamic and experienced Finance and Administration Assistant.
CIP, a member of the One CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future. One CGIAR science is dedicated to transforming food, land and water systems in a climate crisis, and it is carried out by 13 CGIAR Centers/Alliances in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector.
About the role
The Finance and Administration Assistant will facilitate and provide services, which will contribute to
the financial and administrative management of the CIP Office in Rwanda.
The Finance and Admin Assistant will be supervised by the Finance and Admin Coordinator. His/her role will be to support the management of administration and financial issues of the CIP Office in Rwanda. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Procurement and Asset Management
- Support the procurement process, import/export, shipping, and document filing.
- Prepare and manage contracts and communications with vendors for goods and services required by the office.
- Receive all procurement requests and advise requestors on compliance matters accordingly.
- Review bid analysis and purchase orders and liaise to obtain all necessary approvals.
- Maintaining up-to-date office assets register, ensuring tagging and insurance of the same.
- Office Administration, Management, and Security
- Provide fleet management by reviewing and approving vehicle requests, coordinating drivers, periodically reviewing vehicle tracking reports against logbook reports, and keeping custody of vehicle spare keys.
- Comply with applicable health and safety CIP policies and procedures.
- Staff Travel
- Coordinate international and local travel arrangements for staff, collaborators, and visitors (Travel requests, tickets, airport transfers, visas, hotels, etc.).
- Coordinate project field activities.
- Conferences/ Workshops/ Meetings
- Coordinating both international and local conferences and workshops, including providing logistical, and other administrative support preceding, during, and after the activity.
- Ensure proper filing of financial and accounting records for easy retrieval.
- Revise, verify and prepare the confirmation of bank movements and balances.
- Control petty cash to ensure a proper reimbursement.
- Checks appropriateness of payment supporting documents; checks the availability of funds before effective payment.
- Ensures the full recording, and completeness of transactions in USD and Local Currency.
- Facilitates annual internal audit requirements.
- Support with the administration the process accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure a correct accounting.
- Realize accounting and financial tasks to contribute with the production of finance and account reports.
3. Human Resource Coordination
- Maintain and filling Rwanda staff databases.
- Coordinate the process of application for re-entry passes/work permits and other documents for internationally recruited staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management or another relevant subject
- At least 1 year of experience with business administration and finance management.
- High level of computer skills and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Good knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures of government and related agencies.
- Highly effective planning, organizational, and multi‐tasking skills with a positive attitude and strong administrative service orientation.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
- Strong ability to coordinate, prioritize, and organize workload and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a multi‐cultural environment.
- Proficiency in accounting skills.
- Advanced skills in utilizing Excel.
- Strong communication and English writing skills
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
What are we offering?
- Compensation package commensurate with experience.
- This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Rwanda nationals and permanent residents only. The contract will be for an initial period of (01) one year (with a 3-month probation period). Renewal is dependent on performance and availability of funds.
- Work in diverse workplace committed to gender equality.
Visit the link and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on April,05, 2023 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will not have contact with children or vulnerable adults.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.