FINANCE & ADMIN OFFICER
Years of experience:
03 Dec 2019
Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local and adapted to each context. ACTED’s staff is committed to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for a professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the below position in Badhan.
This position will require the individual to perform transparent and efficient logistic, financial, administration and security management for ACTED programs in Badhan,
Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise and report on the financial flow (cash forecast) required in the office
· Send the cash flow needs cashbook & cashbox and reconciliation monthly to Nairobi.
· Ensure proper documentation for all payments, efficient reporting of the balances and on-going debts to the Nairobi office.
· Responsible for the monthly accounting cash books according to ACTED standard through Excel/SAGA.
· Send monthly the documentation to the capital office with the cashier’s help.
· Responsible for cross-checking allocations as per signed purchase orders; reallocations whenever approved;
· Submit administrative and financial inputs to the Project Manager/Officer for the weekly meeting.
· Supervise and support the cashier on the accounting and cash management
· Follow-up the implementation of ACTED HR procedures at the base level and ensure that memo is well communicated to all employees of the bases.
· Ensure that all contracts are signed by the new employees and all documentation is sent to the Nairobi offices.
· Ensure valid contracts of staff at the base level are kept up to date
· Maintain control and check system of the attendance all staff at the base level and ensure updated Leave Follow Up and the attendance sheets are sent to the Nairobi office.
· Ensure to send the entire leave request forms for the staff at the base level to Nairobi HR.
· Organize staff induction, management of appraisals with the line managers at the base level.
· Control and supervise the filing of staff personal folders.
· Any other duty that is in line with the position.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Logistics, Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
· A minimum of three years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar position in an NGO.
· Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
· Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
· Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
· High level of integrity and honesty.
· Fluency in Somali and English language is a must