Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services in the UNDP CO and its projects, Consultants and Experts, and UN staff on mission.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Fleet management of project vehicles
- Availability of documents/ supplies
1. Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
2. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintenance of project vehicles, if assigned.
4. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintenance of project vehicles, if assigned.
5. Ensures fleet management of project vehicles through daily coordination of the vehicle pool with operational activities
6. Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the CO services.
Innovation – Assesses work with critical eye
- Seeks feedback on work activities
- Demonstrates interest in learning about clients’ perspectives and needs
Leadership– Takes responsibility for and ensures high quality of own work
- Uses available resources, methods, partners, and information effectively
People Management – Understands personal and team roles, responsibilities and objectives
- Proactively seeks clarification when needed
- Proactively seeks instruction, feedback and coaching to improve performance
Communication – Reliably and consistently interprets information and instruction correctly
- Responds to information and instruction with professionalism and accuracy
- Speaks on behalf of self with professionalism and integrity consistent with UN values
Delivery – Meets goals and timelines for team deliverables
- Understands responsibilities and meets expectations
- Delivers within time and resource requirements
- Awareness of organizational values and code of conduct in delivering services
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver of officials in an international institution, governmental organization, embassy or UN system with an excellent knowledge of the local traffic rules, regulations and geography.
- Safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair. Previous UN experience will be considered as an asset
- Fluency in English and Macedonian is required.
*Please note that the shortlisted candidates will be invited to additionally reply on a questionary that will be previously provided by UNDP.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension