Under the guidance and supervision of the Humanitarian Affairs Officer/Head of Benghazi Sub- Office, the driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services for official work to the all staff in the OCHA Benghazi Sub- Office, Consultants, Experts and UN Staff/guests on mission.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of UN personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Ensure proper maintenance of the vehicle, cleanliness, and regular checking of the vehicle parts;
- Maintain the vehicle logbook properly filled out with fleet information as well as invoices for fuel and maintenance of the vehicle and making sure it is signed by the authorizing officer;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, washing of the vehicle, performs minor repairs by self and arranges for other repairs to ensure that the vehicle is ready for use;
- Report immediately to office and supervisor for any accident, mechanical failure occurring
- during a trip in or outside the city;
- Keep records of use of vehicle daily mileage trips, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Use radio communication and carry out tasks as directed by the supervisor and shall remain vigilant and professional all the time on duty;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Full compliance with implementation of all security measures for the passengers and the vehicle during all the trips regardless of the location, destination and distance of travel.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Good Interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Remains calm, flexible, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required.
Impact of Results:
To ensure the smooth and on time provision of transport services and facilitate the successful implementation of the office activities
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair, excellent knowledge of security issues, confidentiality and time management;
Ability to work under extreme pressure in a highly stressful environment (e.g. civil strife, natural disasters and human misery.
• Client orientation
Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions; ability to establish and maintain effective and productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust. Ability to monitor ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’’ environment to keep informed and anticipate potential problems.
Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Secondary Education. Valid authorized driving license for LMV from the Government of Libya.
Minimum 2 year’s work experience as a driver; safe driving record; driving of Armoured Vehicles; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills of minor repair. Experience for working with an International organization is desirable.
Fluency in Arabic and working knowledge of English is strongly required.
Contract Duration: One Year