CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to eradicating poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people. We currently work in over 93 countries with a focus on women and girls as the most disproportionately affected by poverty, while engaging men and boys as well to ensure the success of our mission
CARE USA Core Values Commitment:
The Core Values Commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our core values of TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, and EXCELLENCE, which serve as a foundation for all what we do. The core Values Commitment articulates our shared expectations of each other including our board, staff, volunteers, interns, partners and contractors globally.
CARE USA is looking for an energetic, talented, well connected and innovative individual with language abilities in English, Arabic, and/or Bengali to work with us in the role of Digital Support and Implementation Specialist to be based at our Regional Office in Nairobi Kenya. In the implementation role, you will partner with the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and Security (EMS) team to deploy EMS throughout our 6500+ employee user base covering the United States and globe and will be reporting to the Director of Global Connectivity.
The Digital Support and Implementation Specialist will be an important and vital contributing factor in driving the deployment of Microsoft EMS across all of CARE USA’s endpoint devices globally. The implementation of Microsoft EMS is a 3-year strategic priority project for CARE USA to establish mobile management capabilities and enhance our technical security platform in the 30+ countries we operate in.
While EMS deployment and/or configuration experience is preferred, it is not required. Candidates must have a majority of experience working with Outlook and/or the enterprise Office 365 environment. The ideal candidate must work well within a team and have outstanding communication, technical, and customer service skills with the ability to quickly and efficiently escalate or triage issues.
The role is a front-line point of contact for targeted end-user customers whose hardware does not meet our Microsoft EMS standards. This role involves the remote deployment of EMS for individuals throughout the world, but primarily in the Africa, Middle East, and Asia regions. In addition, the role will require technical system troubleshooting, speaking with users on the phone or teleconference applications, escalating issues, maintaining documentation, and application configuration as needed.
This is a fantastic career opportunity for a highly motivated and proactive individual who wants to apply their technical and implementation skills in a global operating environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
User Application Deployment-85%
- Complete the implementation, configuration, deployment, and support of the Microsoft EMS application for assigned individual users, Note: the majority of implementations require 1 on 1 scheduled time with each user remotely
- Lead users in troubleshooting issues arising during EMS deployments, issues could range from bandwidth limitations or application issues to unrelated deployment issues as experienced by end users
- Provide guidance to resolution on software and hardware with a sense of urgency
- Assess end-user support needs and meet service level agreements by quickly resolving issues
- Provide administration, guidance, and personalized end-user assistance for hardware devices, software, mobile & VOIP phones, printers, audio & video technology, and networks as needed
Project Documentation and Enhancements-15%
- Follow and understand all user support methods and procedures to accurately log, document, and communicate all issues seen during individual user deployments including research completed to identify root cause
- Define and classify level, priority and nature of problem, request and/or issue. If unable to diagnose problem, escalate to project leadership
- Provide feedback on EMS project trend analysis for continual improvement and provide solution options for gaps within the project team
- Recommend and present process and procedure enhancements where appropriate
- Complete initial Microsoft EMS deployment training and applicable EMS supporting training over time and as needed
Qualifications and experience
- Associates Degree, technical certification, or equivalent experience in related field
- Ability to speak and read in English, Arabic, and/or Bengali.
- Minimum 2-year working with Office 365 in an enterprise environment and related technical field
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management and customer service skills
- Energized by working in a collaborative environment
- Experience in Mac OS and Windows 10
- Prior work experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues for Mac/PC
- Troubleshooting knowledge of PC, Mac, Android, iOS, scanners, printers, tablets and VOIP/mobile phones
- Experience and knowledge of installation, configuration and troubleshooting new Mac/PC setup and general configuration
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills
- Ability to interact with varied levels of end-user experience
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to take direction and multitask
- Ability to think through the end-to-end process in order to create new and innovative ways to promote end-user efficiencies
- Experienced in working in a deadline-driven environment, especially in completing implementations/deployments
- Any Microsoft Enterprise Mobility & Security (EMS) experience
- Experienced with enterprise applications: Teams, SharePoint, Salesforce, Zoom and an IT service ticketing system