02 Dec 2019
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH, Governance and peacebuilding, GBV, Nutrition, education and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to Facility Medical Officer, the data clerk is responsible for expediting data collection and entry, while ensuring accuracy of data and submitting the same to the Health Data Officer for further compilation, analysis and reporting.
- Under the direct supervision of the Medical Officer, work closely with the HMIS Officer & the IRC Health staff in managing the Health Facility database.
- With the support of the Medical Officer, submit Weekly and monthly HMIS reports to the HMIS officer.
- Cross check the data with the registers for accuracy before submitting the reports.
- Liaise with the various health service units (OPD, EPI, ANC/PNC and pharmacy) to get accurate data in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the health facility data is kept up to date at all times while liaising with the HMIS Officer in case of any errors identified.
- With support of HMIS officer, support the Medical Officer to monitor the project indicators against facility work plans.
- Participate in assessments/surveys and routine collection of field data.
- Develop and maintain an accurate filing system of project records.
- Carry out data triangulation and validation at facility level and generate HMIS tools’ requirement on monthly bases and share the same with the Medical Officer and HMIS Officer.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- At least A Level certificate with training (s) in the Microsoft packages i.e. Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Access.
- At least 2 years of hands on experience in data entry and analysis with a large international non-governmental organization.
- Familiarity with Health Management Information System (HMIS) and the DHIS.
- Fluent in English and Somali
- A mature person of high professional discipline and moral integrity.
- Competent to work under stress as the situation may dictate.
- Ability to work with displaced communities with diverse cultural and ethnic background.