AIDS Healthcare Foundation is a global not-for-profit organization that provides cutting edge medicine and advocacy to more than 1.3 Million patients in 43 countries and is headquartered at Los Angeles, California, USA.
Since 1987, AHF has cared for thousands of people living with HIV and AIDS worldwide. As we create and implement unparalleled programs in new communities globally, we expand delivery of healthcare and influence over policy with the sole aim of saving more lives.
A Counselor Coordinator for AHF-Ethiopia takes the lead role in coordinating country level HIV testing program and coordinating the implementation of other HIV prevention activities in collaboration with AHF-Ethiopia’s prevention team and government facility team at AHF-supported sites. This is essentially expected to help the growth of AHF’s treatment and care program in all AHF-supported sites in the country. The employee makes sure that up-to-date national and international standards are in place in each and every site where AHF implements its HIV testing and prevention programs. S/He will ensure all minimum requirements are met with regard to professionals deployed, commodities utilized, and national guidelines & protocols are strictly followed.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Takes the lead role in coordination of AHF’s prevention program through mentorship and provision of technical assistance to employees working under the prevention wing of AHF clinics, staffs at AHF-supported sites, as well as to those working at the community outreach sites
- Coordinating the implementation of HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT) and other HIV prevention and service marketing activities in all AHF-supported static sites and outreaches
- Work with AHF-Ethiopia prevention and marketing, teams to identify potential sites for HCT activities in AHF-supported facilities and community HCT sites
- Take the lead role in coordinating active identification of HIV positive clients through Index Case Testing (ICT) and Partner notification Service (PNS) working in close collaboration with prevention teams and other partner organizations
- Work with the Prevention Program and Africa Union Advocacy Liaison Manger to identify, recruit and assign qualified staff for facility based and community HCT activities: counselors, laboratory technicians, registration clerks & security guards
- Monitor and supervise the day to day activities of all HCT activities together with other prevention staff including Assistant Counselor Coordinator, Linkage & Testing Officer, Outreach Supervisor, etc.
- Ensures availability and facilitate allocation of all HIV counseling and testing supplies, and materials for outreach and static HCT activities.
- Work in synergy with AHF Clinical Team in coordinating the referral linkage process from the community testing sites to AHF Clinics or other AHF-supported health care facilities
- In close collaboration with Advocacy & Marketing Coordinator, Coordinate and organize, AHF-Ethiopia HIV prevention and marketing events, campaigns, preparation of promotional items and other community mobilization activities including, but not limited to, World AIDS Day (WAD), International Condom Day (ICD), International Women Day (IWD), etc.
- Work with the Prevention Program Manager in strengthening partnership with relevant government stakeholders and non-government organizations working on HIV prevention
- Closely work with the Advocacy & Marketing Coordinator to organize promotional and HIV marketing activities using appropriate media to mobilize the community for HIV counseling and testing and other HIV prevention, treatment, & care activities
- Closely monitor the HIV prevention program through key indicators and design and perform corrective actions; supervise AHF Ethiopia prevention staffs and organize regular supportive supervision
- Under the PPAULM and in collaboration with AHF pharmacy section, work on planning, forecasting, and stock controlling of HIV testing commodities and supplies
- Under PPAUALM work with other AHF departments, mainly the laboratory department, as well as concerned government bodies to ensure the quality control of the HIV testing program in both static and community sites
- Produce periodic HIV prevention activity reports to AHF Country Office, to respective government offices, as well as partner organizations
- Assist in the preparation of AHF-Ethiopia’s country HIV prevention and marketing program plan in joint with AHF-Ethiopia HIV Prevention Team and AHF-Ethiopia Management
- Work with the Prevention Program Manager and Country Management in identifying potential partners for AHF Fund Grant, appraising their proposals, facilitating nomination, and assisting in online application to AHF Headquarters
- Participate in the development of project proposal together with the country program teams in expanding AHF’s HIV prevention and marketing programs
- Ensure that HIV Prevention activity documentation is properly undertaken and analyzed for reports in a timely manner, and prepare and submit regular progress reports
- Execute other activities related to the position assigned by the Prevention Program & AU Advocacy Liaison Manager and Country Program Manager
- MPH/MSc/MA degree in Public Health/HIV; or with additional Social Science or other relevant field from a recognized university
- Minimum of five years’ experience in HIV related public health coordination position in a similar NGO working on HIV/AIDS programs
- Demonstrated experience and skill in public health program coordination; Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking
- Training on HCT program management and HIV prevention is a necessity; additional training on ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, Nutrition in HIV… would be an advantage
Specific Skills Required:
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills in English & Amharic languages
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit
- Ability Carry out multiple tasks; meet deadlines and accuracy
- Basic computer/software skills and abilities required
Core Competencies Required:
- Good command of English language; Communicate efficiently and effectively
- Solid knowledge and experience on innovative HIV prevention strategies
- Thorough understanding of HIV program marketing, media utilization for advocacy and lobbying
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Flexible, proactive and able to organize work independently as well as work in a team
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by email to: Regional Human Resources Manager – AHF Africa Bureau, through: [email protected]
The application must include cover letter of interest, detailed updated CV, copies of academic documents and other credentials to be submitted before the deadline.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
NB: – Please don’t forget to write the position you are applying on the subject line of your email.
- Job City Addis Ababa