Radio Spot Script Writer (Consultancy)
Breakthrough ACTION is the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) flagship social and behavior change (SBC) project led by Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP). Breakthrough ACTION–Nigeria’s project goal is to increase the practice of priority health behaviors in malaria, maternal, newborn, and child health, including nutrition (MNCH+N), family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH), and tuberculosis (TB) at the national and sub-national levels in collaboration with the relevant USAID implementing partners (IPs). Breakthrough ACTION–Nigeria works with federal and state Ministry of Health programs, departments, and agencies to improve their SBC capacity and coordination.
Job Title: Radio Spot Script Writer (Consultancy)
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Consultancy Media / Advertising / Branding
- Radio Spot Script Writer for a National Tuberculosis Umbrella Campaign
Background and context:
- BA-N is supporting the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), in collaboration with NGO partners and other stakeholders, to develop a national TB umbrella campaign and brand identity that will unify TB social and behaviour change activities across Nigeria.
- In December 2019, NTBLCP and BA-N facilitated a stakeholder workshop to develop creative concepts for the TB umbrella campaign and brand identity. Following the workshop, BA-N further refined and developed these concepts, using a designer to produce one poster for each of four shortlisted creative concepts.
- The project requires a writer to develop scripts for 60-second radio spots for the 4 creative concepts that will be that will be used during concept testing.
- The Radio Spot Script Writer consultant will write four radio scripts based on four creative concepts, aligned with a creative brief.
Approach to work:
- The consultant will receive and review a creative brief and description of creative concepts. The consultant will develop one 60-second radio spot for each of the four creative concepts and submit them to BA-N for review and feedback.
- One script for a 60-second radio spot for each of four creative concepts provided by BA-N
- Qualifications and Specialized Knowledge
- Demonstrated professional writing for radio
- Proven ability to write engaging content for radio (both dramatic and factual info)
- Experience developing radio content-drama for public health related projects
- Experience developing social and behavior change content
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word
- Access to a laptop to accomplish the scope of work
- Availability during the consultancy period
Period of consultancy:
- Consultancy is expected to be awarded by December 18, 2019, and the completed scripts should be submitted by January 10, 2020.
- The Radio Spot Script Writer Consultant will report to Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria’s SBC and Innovations Advisor.
Min Required Experience: Not Specified
Min Qualification: Not Specified
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Method of Application
To apply please follow these directions exactly:
1. Send a cover letter and CV ONLY on or before 5:00 pm Abuja time, December 13, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org
a. The document should be a cover letter first, with bullet points in bold on how the candidate meets the minimum qualifications. Following the cover letter, in the same document, should be the candidate’s CV.
b. Interested Consultants must also attach samples of their own writing in simple and standard Hausa, approximately 500 words.
c. Interested Consultants should include financial quotation for the services to be rendered
d. A completed 1420 form (see link below)
2. Candidates should use the following format in the subject line of their email submission “BA-N Hausa Translator Consultant” OR “BA-N Radio Spot Script Writer Consultant” followed by the candidate’s name. For example, if a candidate named Grace were applying for the position, the email subject line for the submission MUST read: “BA-N Hausa Translator Consultant Grace” Any emails without this exact subject line format will not be opened and will be immediately deleted.
3. Only the final candidates will be contacted for further engagement.
4. Final candidates will be given a sample of the Mobile Curriculum to translate and submit as an example of their ability to write in simple and standard Hausa.
Note: Proposals will be scored on the completeness and quality of the technical proposal, quality of the proposed work plan, quality of the budget and accompanying narrative, and relevant experience
You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Consultancy: Institutional Capacity Assessment of State Operations Coordinating Units
Consultancy: Comparative Review of Social Protection Legislation