We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Recent Vacancies at Action Against Hunger
” data-medium-file=”https://i0.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/action-against-hunger-ACF.jpg?fit=300%2C214&ssl=1″ data-large-file=”https://i0.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/action-against-hunger-ACF.jpg?fit=696%2C496&ssl=1″ class=”size-medium wp-image-66737″ src=”https://i2.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/action-against-hunger-ACF-300×214.jpg?resize=300%2C214″ alt=”” width=”300″ height=”214″ srcset=”https://i0.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/action-against-hunger-ACF.jpg?resize=300%2C214&ssl=1 300w, https://i0.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/action-against-hunger-ACF.jpg?w=760&ssl=1 760w” sizes=”(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px” data-recalc-dims=”1″ />www.jobsfornaija.com
Job Title: Advocacy and Communications Officer
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
- The Advocacy and Communications Officer will play a key role in implementing the Child Development Grant Programme (CDGP) funded by the UK’s Department for International Development and being implemented jointly by Action Against Hunger (AAH) and by Save the Children UK (SCUK). From 2013-2019, CDGP will provide 110,000 pregnant women and mothers with children under two with unconditional cash transfers and nutrition behaviour change communication training in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- Develop a communication plan, tools and materials to ensure successful program implementation of CDGP for various stakeholders (beneficiaries, community, donor government and other).
- Establish formal relationship with SCI CDGP technical counterpart to ensure streamlining of CDGP advocacy and communication messaging, tools and materials.
- Liaise closely with Senior Management from AAH and CDGP SCI to develop and support the integration of new communication approaches, tools and techniques into the CDGP as the program scales up and rolls out.
- Maintain contact and other relevant information about key stakeholders and audiences involved in CDGP.
- Assist logistics with tenders for outsourced services relating to communications and media.
- Document and share good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities at the local community and state levels.
- Organize learning, knowledge sharing and capitalization workshops at local level to enable lessons learned to be used in future program design in collaboration with DPM M&E/PQA Officer.
- Review and adapt AAH advocacy and communication tools, materials and systems for the CDGP and Northern Nigeria context while also ensuring adherence to AAH institutional communication policies and guidelines.
- Maintain and organize advocacy and communication data and materials.
- Support the Social Protection Program Manager and FSL Program Manager in the timely dissemination of program information internally and externally.
- Represent AAH externally in relevant local and state level forums and technical working groups.
- A minimum of one year experience with Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Highly collaborative in style; experience in developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Excellent writing/editing, analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Experience in working with NGO donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities.
- Fluency in Hausa and English (Written and Spoken).
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word) and Publisher Experience in humanitarian communications.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Experience in designing and leading media campaign or communication strategies.
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming, particularly cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- Previous experience with behaviour change communication programming
- Previous experience with AAH.
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest as one attachment, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “Advocacy and Communications Officer-Dutse”.
- Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application and CV’s by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 1st June, 2017.