57930 Chief Technical Advisor/Project Management Specialist (For Indonesian Nationality only)
Location : Jakarta, INDONESIA
Application Deadline : 16-Jul-25
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SC-11
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : 12 months
Global Pulse is an innovation initiative in the Executive Office of the United Nations Secretary-General, harnessing today’s new world of digital data and real-time analytics to gain a better understanding of changes in human well-being. Global Pulse hopes to contribute a future in which access to better information sooner makes it possible to keep international development on track, protect the world’s most vulnerable populations, and strengthen resilience to global shocks. Global Pulse is being implemented as a global network of Pulse Labs, bringing together expertise from UN agencies, governments, academia, and the private sector to research, develop, test and share tools and approaches for harnessing real-time data for more effective and efficient policy action.
Pulse Lab Jakarta
Global Pulse established a Pulse Lab in Jakarta in 2012 in partnership with the Government of Indonesia. Pulse Lab Jakarta functions as an open innovation space where policy experts together with UN development practitioners and other partners can experiment with new types of data and emerging technologies and evaluate their potential to enhance both public policy decision-making and community resilience. Following the development of useful approaches, Pulse Lab Jakarta will support institutional adoption of these innovations into policy and practice.
Under the overall guidance of the Steering Committee and Lab Manager, the Chief Technical Advisor will provide strategic direction and technical support to the project team to ensure high quality project development and implementation, especially in the area of data innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures provision of high quality policy advice to PLJ focusing on achievement of the following results
- Provision of technical oversight and serve as a lead technical resource for the provision of technical assistance and capacity building initiatives in the implementation of the project.
- Identify and coordinate the provision of technical assistance to the project and partners in consultation with implementing partners.
- Identify sources of information related to policy-driven issues.
- Ensure strategic support for the capacity building of national counterparts is managed effectively.
- Develop and maintain the quality of technical assistance provided through the pool of experts and consultants as relevant to the needs of partners.
- Introduce performance indicators/success criteria, targets and milestones.
- Advocate the goals of Global Pulse and the work of Pulse Lab Jakarta in relevant forums, including actively identifying opportunities to work closely with government and development partners to explore how new types of data and emerging technologies can contribute to public policy development and community resilience
2. Provides strategic direction and support to Pulse Lab Jakarta activities focusing on the following results
- Establishment of mechanisms for coordination, dialogue, and learning among partners in each key sector.
- Provision of technical support to multi-stakeholder mechanisms, especially in regard to the project’s donor coordination and government/civil society partnership-building activities.
- Development of practical policies and plan recommendations
- Effective contribution towards the goals of the PLJ work-plan to ensure that it meets agreed objectives
- Provision of strategic and substantive innovation-led content for high level communications, speeches, publications and statements
- Effective support to the Lab Manager in ensuring PLJ is integrated into the overall work of the Government of Indonesia
- Provision of detailed implementation based on strategic direction for PLJ activities in Indonesia
3. Facilitates the establishment of a high quality knowledge building and management information system focusing on achievement of the following results
- Ensure that required expertise and technical assistance is made available to government and civil society partners/counterparts.
- Effective mechanisms and systems are in place and functioning to identify, document and synthesize lessons learned and best practices for sharing and learning throughout the region.
- Maintain project briefs and activity information for civil society, bilateral donors, academia, private sectors and other stakeholders as appropriate to support PLJ’s public awareness activities including through preparation of statements and other communication materials.
- Provision of high quality information and analysis to the government counterparts to inform the strategic direction of local development priorities.
- Coordinate and organize the relevant studies to collate research-based information, evidences and facts to enrich the achievement of development results.
- Ensure development results are communicated to all relevant stakeholders
- Enhance Pulse Lab Jakarta’s contribution to the data revolution
Advocacy/Advancing a Policy-Oriented Agenda
- Influences the public policy agenda
- Builds consensus concerning UN Global Pulse’s strategic agenda with partners on joint initiatives
- Dialogues with national counterparts and other stakeholders to strengthen advocacy efforts, incorporating country, regional and global perspectives
Building Strategic Partnerships
Identifying and building partnerships
- Sensitizes stakeholders, donors and other international organizations to project’s strategic agenda, identifying areas for joint efforts
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Developing tools and mechanisms
- Makes the case for innovative ideas documenting successes and building them into the design of new approaches
- Identifies new approaches and strategies that promote the use of tools and mechanisms
- Promotes the work of Pulse Lab Jakarta as a learning/knowledge sharing organisation
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
In-depth knowledge of the subject-matter
- Understands the application of big data and data innovation in development
- Leads the discussion on Indonesia’s role as hub of data innovation
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Government of Indonesia development priorities
- Understands the knowledge-to-policy process in Indonesia and how innovative use of new data sources can support these processes
Conceptual Innovation in the Provision of Technical Expertise
Developing innovative and creative approaches
- Leverages different experiences and expertise of team members to achieve better and more innovative outcomes
Contributing to positive outcomes for the client
- Anticipates client needs
- Works towards creating an enabling environment for a smooth relationship between the clients and service provider
- Demonstrates understanding of client’s perspective
- Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents
- Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation
- Building and promoting effective teams
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication
- Creating an emotionally intelligent organization
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning. Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters university degree in social sciences, international development, international relations, public or business administration or a technical field relevant to the work of Global Pulse.
- A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience in project management, design and implementation for candidates with Master Degree or 12 years of professional experience for candidates with Bachelors degree
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Indonesian is required;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, writing ability and administrative skills.
- Strong public speaking skills
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to engage and negotiate with high level personnel in governmental institutions, external agencies, etc.
- Understanding of knowledge-to-policy processes in Indonesia and how innovative use of new data sources can support these processes
- Proven analytical skills and ability to conceptualize strategic interventions
- Proven expertise in the role of data innovation
APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE P11 FORM AND SUBMIT AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION . Click here to download the form : http://bit.ly/P11SC
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply . All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
ATLAS POSITION NO.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.