Administration Officer/Business Support
Follow this company
Reception Coverage and Mailing Services
- Receive and screen all incoming calls, visitors and forward to respective officers.
- Make calls on behalf of staff as requested and maintain accurate log of calls and account for this on telephone bills.
- Record and deliver telephone messages.
- Ensure reception is always neat. Promptly attend to visitors ensuring no crowding at the reception area.
- Always ensure reception coverage and accurate handover when you are away.
- Receive all incoming mail and distribute to staff.
- Prepare and dispatch all outgoing to the field mail.
- Log incoming invoices, sign and dispatch to the relevant staff.
- Act as focal point of courier services and advise of any issues arising.
- Ensure timely renewal of IRC subscriptions e.g. fire inspection certificates for Rongai office.
- Be in charge office supplies, budget and coordination of office transport requests.
- Provide Administrative support to substantial departments as requested.
- Support with office supply chain needs, raising of PRs as requested by program staff and support with Administrative requests.
- Supervise the Office Assistant and ensure that roles are well executed.
Client Registration and Business Support
- Case work management in the absence of the Caseworker including client registration.
- Offer Business and job counseling services for clients.
- Provide career mentorship and labor market information to clients.
Utilities Management & Supply Chain Support
- Ensure timely payment of utilities.
- Maintain tracking system for utilities and update on monthly basis.
- Make requests for purchase of office supplies.
- Issuing of gate pass to any equipment, items getting out of IRC office.
- Raising of operation Online PR’s in the BVA system under supply/admin department i.e. travel and cab request PR’s.
- In charge of office consumable’s supplies and office stationery supplies.
- Supervising and booking boardroom for staff meetings in coordinated way.
- Supervising of tender bid register as they come.
- Liaising with the office management for any repairs and maintenance services.
- Reporting any security concerns to the management and the safety and security manager.
Key Result Areas
- Provision of effective and efficient administrative support services to the project staff.
- Day-to-day efficient operations of the administrative supply chain services in the office.
- Client support including registration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Counselling or any other degree related to community work.
- At least 4 years’ experience in administration and management in a busy office, preferable with Non-Governmental Organization.
- Experience working with refugees is also mandatory.
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, email.
- Knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
- Planning and budget management.
Required Experience & Proficiency
- Shown ability to perform wide range of inter-related complex administrative services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High level of personal initiative, pro-active problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Listening skills.
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Application deadline is 13th December 2019.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers should uphold the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.
You can cancel email alerts at any time.