KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. Planning and implementation
· Spearhead the identification of the producer needs, planning, budgeting and implementation of field level activities and producer services
· Prepare draft annual work plans in line with programme or core objectives for approval by the line manager
· Develop, and or update field activity implementation guidelines based on learnings from implementation and producer needs.
2. Reporting and Communication
· Effectively respond to all queries concerning field implementation
· Regularly make follow ups and collect feedback/information from producer organizations for monitoring & evaluation of services received to inform improvements
· Prepare summaries for the programme annual plans, reports and articles
3. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
· Prepare field level reports on progress of activities implementation
· In close collaboration with the MEL team, support on all monitoring and evaluation related activities
· Submit high quality narrative and financial reports in accordance with project and organizational requirements (monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually)
4. Project support
· Support FTA projects on the ground
· Prepare and provide reports to on projects progress
· Provide feedback on project challenges and recommend remedial actions
· Identify opportunities for new projects, collect data and information
· Provide support to the members in project implementation. Constantly communicate the objectives of the projects to ensure member buy in.
· Ensure policies and procedures are in place and are adhered to
5. Accounting Support and Resource Mobilization
· Effectively track field level income and expenses
· Prepare and/or approve budgets for his/her team members’ field activities and workshops
· Prepare monthly and quarterly budget report on field level activities
· Support with resource mobilization for concerned programme
6. Administrative Support
· Support provide logistical support to the organization for events and workshops
· Represent the FTA at meetings, events/forums, and conferences in and outside the country
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Graduate in Agriculture, Agribusiness management Economics, Rural Development Studies, Business Administration, or Business Management
· At least 3 years’ experience in Programme/Project development and Management
· Experience in team management, relationship building, and working with community groups / rural enterprises.
· Ability to develop, implement and assess performance metrics
· Proven record of boosting team performance and employee retention rates
· Knowledge or experience in sustainability standards such as Fairtrade will be desirable.
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Experience in report writing
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals across multi-functional and cultural disciplines
· Able to handle varied, demanding and complex tasks.
· Ability to work independently.
· Project Management training will be an added advantage
· Able to juggle competing priorities to meet tight deadlines.
- Job City nairobi