- Application Development Processes (80%)
- Application Support and Issue Resolution Processes (20%)
- Defines and executes changes to the PeopleSoft HCM application, including design, development, testing and sign-off;
- Standard change implementation in line with corporate change management procedures;
- Ad hoc change implementation in line with corporate change management procedures;
- Unit, system and integration testing;
- Co-ordination with the users for User Acceptance Testing;
- Maintains functional documentation;
- Maintains technical documentation.
- Cut-over support and immediate post-production support of the enhancements and implementations into production;
- Provides technical and functional support for users, including fixing immediate problems as well as looking for longer-term system improvements;
- Incident management – create, update, close production issues;
- Tracks recurring issues with a view to providing longer term solutions.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Builds, applies and shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office;
- Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge.
- Excellent functional and technical knowledge of PeopleSoft/Oracle’s HCM solution including Global Payroll and PeopleTools (Application Designer, Application Engine, PeopleCode, SQR, BI Publisher) and SQLs;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of formal systems development methods;
- Knowledge and experience in using change control mechanisms and IT governance structure;
- Ability to provide application support services for a global ERP implementation;
- Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems.
- Focus on results for the clients and respond positively to feedback;
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology or related areas with two (2) years of specialized relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree in the related areas with specialized relevant experience of at least four (4) years.
- An experienced IT and PeopleSoft professional with 2-4 years overall IT experience developing and supporting PeopleSoft HCM applications and customizations, particularly with PeopleCode, SQL, SQR and Global Payroll configuration;
- Two or more years of PeopleSoft technical experience working in a large organization, preferably a mix of governmental organization and commercial sector, giving a blend of understanding of a complex organization, with a customer-focused, service-oriented approach to payroll;
- Exposure to payrolls of more than one country/continent and working in a global context would be highly valued;
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP benefits and entitlements, as well as accounting and treasury procedures and processes, would be a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of a second UN language would be an asset.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 364 days