MCDI is seeking a full‐time Business Development Officer to help strengthen our Business Development department. The position, under the direction and supervision of the Senior Business Development Manager, will play a key role in all aspects of new business acquisition at MCDI. The position will work with business development, technical and field staff to track business opportunities and position MCDI to win new business, as well as managing the capture and development of certain proposals. The position will also support capacity building for MCDI staff on relevant business development topics and will participate in profile raising initiatives communications materials, meetings with potential donors and partners, and external events.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in international public health, international development, business administration or equivalent degree with relevant experience. Master’s degree would be an advantage.
• At least 5‐7 years of international health or development experience, of which at least 2‐4 years of experience are in business development.
• Educational, academic and/or professional experience that demonstrates technical proficiency in core MCDI program areas (MCH, malaria, WASH, neglected tropical disease, M&E, etc.) would be an advantage.
• Strong writing skills and experience, particularly proposal writing that includes writing of technical sections of the proposal.
• Experience working in the development of complex proposals and managing donor and partner relations.
• Experience with and knowledge of regulations and policies of the US Government and non‐US donors (to include the World Bank, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, UN, DFID, EU, African Development Bank, GFATM, etc.).
• Experience with capture planning, competitiveness analysis, and marketing of institutional capacities to enhance competitive position.
• Knowledge of donor priorities and trends.
• Experience in presenting and communicating project outcomes and impacts.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication and negotiation skills.
• Experience with proposal budgeting and cost application development desirable.
• Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
• Ability to work in a team‐oriented environment.
• Fluency in English required; working ability in French, Spanish and/or Portuguese is preferred.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD is an equal opportunity employer and deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment and collaboration.
Position: Mid level
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Projected start date: Immediately