Arts and Transformation Senior Associate, Washington
This is an internal opportunity. Only IDB staff and DTCs are eligible to apply for internal opportunities.
Arts & Transformation Senior Associate – 1900000917
Arts & Transformation Senior Associate
Background: We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual who will report directly to the Unit Chief of Creativity and Culture.
The team: The Knowledge, Innovation and Communication (KIC) Sector is responsible for: (i) Helping the IDB Group (IDBG) to identify, build, apply, and disseminate high-quality knowledge, as well as to develop and use learning products that enable the building of technical and general competencies; (ii) Promoting an internal culture of innovation by providing experience, networks, and methodologies and expediting the adoption of innovative solutions; and (iii) Expanding the audience that uses the IDBG’s products and position the brand through internal and external communication.
The Creativity and Culture Unit (ICD/UCC), within the Innovation and Creativity Division (KIC/ICD), is tasked with managing the areas of culture and creativity of the IDBG, using art, culture and creativity as a tool for communication to foster a culture of innovation. It also promotes and strengthens our strategic role in showcasing the Latin American and Caribbean culture to the community of Washington, DC through our cultural center, as well as our art collection, gallery, cultural events and creative industries’ program.
One of our most notable initiatives has been to assemble an art collection that reflects the cultural diversity of its member countries and serve as an educational, promotional and equity vehicle for those who wish to know the deep artistic roots of the region. The collection, which consists of more than 1,700 pieces, is a legacy of each one of the citizens of the member countries. Recognizing this public status, the IDBG has sought to make it accessible to all audiences through exhibitions and publications.
What you will do:
- Overview the design and curate relevant, contemporary exhibition experiences and oversee multiple vendors and consultants in creating all materials and elements needed for art exhibitions.
- Supervise the execution of international best practices for art handling, arts management, and exhibition requirements with the IDB Art Collection.
- Provide strategic input into the identification, development and implementation of creative, artistic and knowledge projects and products to ensure that the Unit’s art and transformation activities support the IDBG’s overall strategies and goals, ensuring that high quality is delivered.
- Develop creative content in the form of art/design exhibits, digital communication, artistic interventions and events, for the Unit’s art communications and knowledge strategy and activities in order to ensure that the IDBG is effectively reaching key stakeholders in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, as well as in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Work closely with knowledge/content experts and translate their stories into compelling and experiential exhibitions.
- Provide artwork services to internal clients by understanding their needs and meeting their expectations.
- Identify new trends in art and creativity.
- Provide procedural and task guidance to the Art & Transformation team members.
- Work under the limited supervision of the Unit Chief.
What you will need: Education: Master’s degree in art management, design, marketing, fine arts, communication, or related field.
Experience: Minimum of three years of relevant experience in a cultural or international organization. Knowledge in museums or art gallery operations. Knowledge of fine arts and of the processes and techniques of various art forms. Communication and Storytelling: Proficiency in elaborating a communication story using multiple tools and technologies.
Languages: Fluency in English and Spanish, knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is a plus.
A portfolio of creative projects will be required as part of the assessment of candidates.
Opportunity Summary: Type of contract: Fixed-term, staff
Length of contract: 3 years
Starting date: Upon agreement with selected candidate
Location: Washington, DC
Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
We encourage women, afro-descendants, people of indigenous origins, and persons with disabilities to apply. About us: At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package. Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.
Job: Senior Associate
Primary Location: HQ-US-Washington DC
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2019, 5:00:00 AM
Closing Date: Dec 1, 2019, 4:59:00 AM
Contact Name – Internal: HR Shared Services