As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 58 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the Position
The Agricultural Production and Livelihood Coordinator is member of the Oromia regional DFSA team and responsible for the coordination of all Agriculture, Livelihoods and Market Linkage intervention part of the DFSA in the region. Responsibilities include assisting in leading implementation of the agriculture and livelihoods interventions, supervising and building capacity of the staff under his/her supervision, overseeing Woreda level field implementation, leading financial management of the intervention, and leading preparation and submission of reports. S/he also manages all the organizational resources at her/his level as per the policies and procedures of the organization, leads monitoring the progress of project outputs, and ensuring quality delivery on a continual basis. Also responsible for coordinating assessments that are done by livelihood section. Coordinating local level networking and coalition partnership with CBOs, local government and likeminded other CSOs is also among the tasks.
|· Coordinate implementation of agriculture, livelihood and market linkage activities of the PSNP/DFSA within the operational area.|
|· Lead the development of the annual work plan and budget and ensure proper management of the budgets relating to the activities/interventions of agriculture and livelihoods.|
|· Provide day to day technical and coordination support to staff under his supervision and partners in implementing agriculture and livelihoods related interventions|
|· Coordinate the preparation of both physical and financial reports as per donor’s and other partners’ requirements.|
|· Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of the agriculture and livelihoods strategy and interventions in the region to ensure program efficiency, effectiveness and delivery of results.|
|· Provide leadership in knowledge generation, documentation, and communication concerning agriculture and livelihoods interventions.|
|· Represent the organization and the program with donors, the host government, pertinent forums and community groups in discussion with supervisor.|
|· Promote integration of major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, health and nutrition, disability, DRR, etc. into programming.|
|· Liaison, establish and maintain excellent working relationship with relevant government offices, NGOs, community groups and other partners on issues related to agriculture and livelihoods in the region.|
|· Organize different discussion plat forums for private sectors and facilitate linkage with private and public organizations for various need of the project.|
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Agriculture, Food Security, Rural Development, Development Studies, Project Management, and related fields.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years for Bachelor and 4 years for master experience in managing/ coordinating development programs/ projects majorly those related to PSNP related agriculture, economic food security, resilience rural livelihood, with INGOs
- Working experience in supporting farmers Cooperatives, Farmer’s training centers, microfinance, savings and loan associations, research organizations
- Strong knowledge and exposure to rural community and Agricultural offices in the region , zone and Woreda levels
- Experience in managing staff/ team building
- Good practical experience in budgeting and budget management, and staff management
- Familiarity and understanding of USAID funded projects, policies and procedures are advantageous.
- Knowledgeable about the PSNP of the country and its contribution to the livelihood of the rural community
- Experience of facilitating capacity building and learning processes, and facilitating workshops.
How to Apply
World Vision Ethiopia is a child-focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
Note: we don’t receive hard copies
- Job City Addis Ababa