The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks to hire an Administrative and IT Assistant to support its Ethiopia office. The position will be based in Addis Ababa and reports to the Operations Manager. The position will require limited and occasional travel within Ethiopia. The position is available immediately.
- Assist the Operations Manager with a variety of operational and administrative functions and tasks, to ensure efficient functioning of NDI Ethiopia.
- Lead the update and maintenance of a contact data base, using software as assigned.
- Assist with timely responses to enquiries and through record keeping.
- Assist with administrative tasks such as scanning, photocopying and filing.
- Liaise with service providers and suppliers as assigned, such as travel agents, printers and others, to ensure quality and timely services and supplies for NDI.
- Lead IT helpdesk support for the office and all staff.
- Assist staff in the use of computer hardware and software.
- Regularly update IT equipment, troubleshoot faulty equipment, and maintain functioning of internet services, and the wireless network.
- Train and provide daily assistance to staff with Google applications.
- Support internal graphic design, video and infographic productions, as necessary.
- Assist with online branding and communications.
- A minimum of one-year work experience with demonstrated proficiency and related skills; two years of related work experience would be an advantage.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field of study.
- Good interpersonal skills and professionalism, to effectively interact with colleagues, services providers and the public.
- Capacity for exceptional timeliness in completing all tasks and deliverables.
- Good teamwork and ability to work well as part of a high performing team.
- High attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of work.
- Good communication skills in both Amharic and English are required.
NDI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen civic and political organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and NDI’s salary scale. A competitive benefits package will be provided. NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and a CV. Please include three references from past employment or academic experiences. Applications will be considered upon receipt. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to: [email protected].
- Job City Addis Ababa