UNDP Regional Centre in Bangkok
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Through the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) in Bangkok and several country and multi-country offices as well as programme presences across the region, UN Women builds on a long history of support to governments, civil society and other actors to promote gender equality and empower all women and girls. We stand behind women’s equal participation in all aspects of life, focusing on five priority areas: addressing gender perspectives in intergovernmental processes; women’s political participation and leadership; enhancing women’s economic empowerment; ending violence against women and girls; and promoting women’s participation in peace and security and humanitarian action.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative Associate supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative support to processing and facilitating proper documentation management
- Store, manage, and track documents in a SharePoint database;
- Manage records management procedures and policies including documentation, record retention, and retrieval;
- Manage and maintain hard and electronic filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Route documentations from country offices to the proper unit for processing;
- Periodically review the efficiency of administrative procedures and make proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks and/or streamline office procedures.
2. Provide administrative support to travel arrangements and office transportation
- Collect and process information and documentation for Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), travel agencies and other administrative surveys;
- Arrange travel and hotel arrangements for ROAP Operations staff and visitors;
- Work closely with the driver and oversee driving activities.
- Review log of fuel usage
- Arrange for insurance coverage for office vehicles and other assets as required.
3. Coordinate assets management, office space management and seating arrangement for the office and provide support to procurement
- Coordinate assets management in the office, prepare and submit periodic inventory report;
- Inspect and verify of all incoming assets (equipment, furniture, and inventory), and schedule deliveries to users;
- Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Maintain inventory records;
- Lead the annual physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of property;
- Prepare Purchase Orders; process invoices related to office building services (utilities and contractors);
- Coordinate with building management on all aspects of office maintenance and maintain a log of work performed;
- Process micro-purchase procurement requests;
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and monitor their implementation.
- Support to office space and seating arrangement, floor plan, and relevant purchase of office furniture
- Support to maintenance of premises and common services, office insurances and management of document storage
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution
4. Provide administrative support to the organizing of the Regional Office’s Operations meetings.
- Prepare presentation materials;
- Arrange the logistics of the RO’s operations meetings, including booking conference rooms, arranging catering, and facilitating building access for meeting participants;
- Finalize memoranda, list of participants; and send letters of invitation and other documents;
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes, and monitor follow up activities.
5. Provide administrative support to financial services
- Prepare materials, estimates and other documents to support budget review, planning and preparation;
- Handle applications for VAT exemption documents for vendors/suppliers, regularly monitor and follow up to obtain them timely.
6. Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support in the organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on administrative related matters;
- Compile lessons learnt and best practices in Administration.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and quality procurement services;
- Perform duties in a transparent and cost-effective manner;
- Quality organization of files; timely routing of documents;
- Timely support to team.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web based management skills;
Ability to extract and interpret data
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in the use of ERP system, in particular ATLAS is an asset.
- Work experience in the UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Thai is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-p11-personal-history-form.doc?la=en&vs=558. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Refer a Friend Apply Now