UNFPA – United Nations Population Fund in Tripoli
Job Title: Admin/Logistics Assistant
Job ID: 27210
Location: Arab States
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job title: National Post- Administrative/Logistics Assistant
Position Number: 00149755
Location: Libya, Tripoli
Full/Part time: Full
Fixed term/Temporary: Fixed Term
Rotational/Non Rotational: Non-Rotational
Duration: One year (renewable)
Closing date: 08/12/2019
The position provides functional leadership in administrative, procurement and logistical services under the guidance and oversight of UNFPA Country Office (CO) senior management. The position may require to supervise the other junior administrative and support staff.
You will report directly to the International Operations Manager.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You will deliver high quality administrative, procurement and logistical services by mastering relevant UNFPA administrative and procurement policy & procedures and applicable guides. You are expected to promote a client-oriented, quality and results- oriented approach by interpreting and implementing the relevant rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support for the implementation of UNFPA programme.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities as per UNFPA rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provide Administrative support to the programme team during conferences, workshops, meetings and other events.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Act as CO assets focal person and manage the assets as per UNFPA Assets Management Policy.
- Coordinate with programme and operation colleagues for the provision of goods specifications and service ToRs for the timely provision of goods and services.
- Assist and draft solicitation documents like RFQs, ITBs, EoIs or RFPs as per UNFPA procurement procedures.
- Issue Purchase Orders for the provision of goods and services by vendors, consultants, and staff.
- Create/update vendors in ATLAS through vendor portal.
- Work closely with government, clearance and forwarding agent for custom clearance, storage and inland transport for goods and equipment procured by UNFPA.
- Assist in designing of dignity Kit, conduct market research and complete timely procurement
- Ensure timely update of order tracking system (OTS) and liaison with UNFPA finance branch to ensure all inventory items adequately reflected in shipment tracker
- Contribute to periodical assets verification exercise and ensure corrective actions are taken where required.
- Coordinate all logistics process including coordination with UNFPA procurement services branch.
- Prepare documents for customs clearance and shipping or transport of equipment to field offices.
- Support optimal communication flow between the office in Tunis and in Tripoli on humanitarian logistics, procurement, vendor profiles, market research of goods and services, including reproductive health, dignity and hygiene kits.
- Collect quotation for goods and services, support the evaluation of bids and submits them for review and selection by the authorized official or committee, as per UNFPA procurement procedures.
- Raises requisitions in UNFPA ATLAS System and other applicable ATLAS work.
- Assist in the distribution plan of emergency services and goods in cooperation with the humanitarian team.
- Support arrangement of the storage of humanitarian commodities as necessary, follows-up and report on the inventory management and distribution, in close coordination with the humanitarian team.
- Supports the Admin/ Logistics Associate and the Shipment Tracker focal point for The timely and accurate reporting of all inventory transactions (e.g., physical receipt, put in warehouse, handover and disposals / adjustments);
- Assist in contingency planning and logistics preparedness reviews.
- Carrying physical inventory spot-checks with Implementing Partners managing UNFPA goods and commodities
- Perform any other duties, as may be required by CO senior management.
Qualifications and Experience
Completion of Secondary Level Education. Additional qualifications in Logistics, Administration or other business functions, is desirable. Certification in logistics or procurement will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in logistics, administration or procurement. Practical experience in transportation, shipping, port operations, customs clearance and freight forwarding.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Prior experience in working with ERP financials is an advantage.
- UN common system experience is desirable.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Providing logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
- Supporting financial data analysis
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.
For any questions or comments please contact [email protected]