The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime is the UN main agency in the fight against illicit drugs, crime, corruption and terrorism in virtue of the UN Conventions and Universal Instruments in this regard.
The UNODC Regional Office for South Asia is located in New Delhi (India) and covers six countries of the region: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka. Under its Regional Programme for South Asia for the period 2018-2021, UNODC is delivering technical assistance to South Asia under the following five sub-programmes: (1) countering transnational organized crime, (2) a comprehensive response to the drug problem (drug trafficking & drugs and health), (3) countering corruption, (4) terrorism prevention and (5) crime prevention and criminal justice.
The UNODC Regional Office seeks to hire the services of an Admin and Finance Associate to provide support in project implementation activities in the area of drug control and crime prevention.
• Professionalism – Good knowledge and command of planning, programming budgeting, financial management and other relevant administrative policies. Demonstrated ability to provide effective specialized advice in a broad range of development assistance issues.
• Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; exhibits interest in having two-way communication; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Teamwork – Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Planning and organizing – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; uses time efficiently.
• Accountability – Takes ownership of all responsibility and honour commitments; delivers outputs in line with agreed schedules, budgets and quality standards in line with prevailing rules, regulations and procedures.
• Commitment to continuous learning – Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession. Actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally. Shows willingness to learn from others.
• Client Orientation – Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate manner; organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines; establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients; responds to client needs promptly.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year (extension subject to the availability of funds)