Full description of assignment: http://bit.ly/2Py5bam
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of External Relations & Partnership lead or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will:
- Support the establishment of regional accreditation of non-state actors not in official relations with WHO
- Support the invitations and participation of Non-State Actors to the Regional Committee
- Support the preparation of the briefing sessions for Non-State Actors in preparation for the Regional Committee
- Support the technical and logistical preparations for governing body meetings
- Further development and Consolidation of Partners platform and database
- Support the planning and organization of the third WHO Africa Health Forum
- Support any other assignments in the Unit as may be required.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Provide annual and end of assignment self- reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
Required Degree Level: Bachelor’s degree
Required Experience: 2 years
- First level university degree in public health, social studies, law, business administration, management, communications, international relations or a related field.
Required experience: 24 Months
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level experience in health, law and/or organization of high level events.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Public health, Public law, Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination
Area of expertise details:
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing; Experience in WHO or other UN organizations would be an asset.
- Excellent excel and power point skills; good management, communications, public relations and interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills; Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel; ability to work with tight deadlines;
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
How to apply:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
- Job City Brazzaville