Years of experience:
Think East Africa
06 Jan 2020
Vacancy Announcement – Training Coordinator
Organization: Amazi Water
Position Title: Training Coordinator
Reporting To: Human Resources Manager
Duty Station: Bujumbura, Burundi
Starting Date: Immediately
About the Role:
Amazi Water is currently experiencing rapid growth and are seeking a dynamic and eager Training Coordinator to join our Human Resources Team reporting to the Human Resources Manager.
The Training Coordinator will be the day to day operation of the Training Program (TP). Main responsibilities will be to prepare, facilitate, monitor, evaluate and document training activities in the organization.
Amazi Water is the primary, in-country partner for clean water projects in Burundi. In collaboration with others, we are developing a national water strategy with the goal of providing sustainable access to clean water in every community by the end of 2028.
- Initiate new innovative strategies in the Training Program.
- Develop training materials, manuals and regulations.
- Conduct and organize workshops and orientation programs for new recruits.
- Ensure positive learning environment in training procedures.
- Run and communicate reports
- Assist human resources department in scheduling, mailing and communicating of training programs.
- Prepare training expense reports and statements for accounts department.
- Maintain and manage events and schedules calendar of the training program
- Assess training needs for new and existing employees
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps
- Organize, develop or source training programs to meet specific training needs
- Inform employees about training options
- Map out training plans for individual employees
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness
- Track and report on training outcomes
- Provide feedback to program participants and management
- Evaluate and make recommendations on training material and methodology
- Maintain employee training records
- Handle logistics for training activities including venues and equipment
- Establish and maintain relationships with external training suppliers
- Coordinate off-site training activities for employees
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
Requirements for this position:
· University Degree Level Education required
· Proven experience as a Training Coordinator, HR Assistant or similar role
· Proficient in MS Office
· Driving license
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in French and English
· Have thorough understanding of the organization’s goals and mission
· Be organized
· Be able to multitask
· Be computer savvy
· Be able to work under pressure
· Be proactive
· Have problem solving abilities
· Be courteous
· Understand the objectives of each training session
· Have a keen eye for details
All Employees at Amazi Water must demonstrate the following qualities:
· A love for Burundi and Jesus Christ
· Passion for learning and the ability to continue to grow and stretch your skills to adapt to the changing needs of the Organization
· Commitment to the Organization, constantly exceed expectations and high level of team collaboration
· Ability to communicate with government offices and field partners
· Understanding of the need and benefit of clean water