Third Part Monitoring Team Leader
05 Dec 2019
The Team-Leader will manage the day-to-day operations of the TPM projects. The role requires effective co-ordination of the TPM projects and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising across South-Central Somalia. The individual appointed as Team-Leader must have the necessary seniority to be able to take on the responsibilities associated with the role. The successful Team – Leader will apply a strong combination of team leadership and relationship building abilities along with a sense of curiosity, urgency, and joy for the work.
· Manage a team of 10-20 field monitors in gathering data, conducting interviews and facilitating focus groups with community level beneficiaries in South Central Somalia;
· Ensure that all pre-deployment activities including planning, pre-deployment background and data collection, stakeholder consultations, security and Government buy-in and pre-deployment induction training are undertaken within the timeframes;
· Ensure the field monitors submit the data collected after every site visit before proceeding to the next visit;
· Lead communication with implementing partners in seeking information related to the sites before dispatching the field monitors to the field;
· Ensure that data collection is undertaken in line with the stipulated guidelines and procedures so as to ensure that resultant data and information is of the highest quality;
· Prepare and submit periodic progress reports on all stages of the monitoring and verification process;
· Conduct post-deployment debriefing to review the entire verifications exercise and document lessons learnt;
· Participate in the training of field monitors;
· Respond to comments from the reporting specialist regarding the data submitted in each data collection circle;
· Ensure the field monitors adhere to data collection protocols;
· Provide update for the head of the field office regarding the performance of the field monitors and report on the quality of the data submitted.
Education, Competences and Experience Required
- University degree in public health, social sciences, statistics, development study, and/or related field is required. Advanced degree in monitoring and evaluation or research will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 + years’ experience in data management.
- Ability to decipher and organize large amounts of data.
- Communication and problem-solving skills.
The Team-Leader will be based in Mogadishu. This position requires approximately 15%-20% of time of travel by Air and Road to TPM verification sites that present stable, moderate and high levels of operational risks. ANPPCAN-SOM team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and ANPPCAN-SOM’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues. Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of ANPPCAN-SOM’ vision. ANPPCAN-SOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.