UNESCO Paris, France
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in France may apply to this position)
Post Number : CLD-350
Grade : G-5
Parent Sector : Division for Conferences, Languages and Documents (CLD)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 28-Dec-2019
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of Director of the Division of Conferences, Languages and Documents (ADM/CLD) and the direct supervision of the Chief of the Spanish Translation Unit, the incumbent shall:
- Review and proofread Spanish texts for precision, quality and conformity with established policies, protocols and standard practices.
- Make corrections to format, style, spelling and grammar; insert on-screen amendments.
- Type, insert corrections, format and prepare documents, minutes of meetings, records of decisions, reports, briefs and other information materials, which include complex tables, special layouts, merging, collating, etc., adapting to technological developments notably in the field of CAT tools and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Transcribe sound files in various formats and presentations; assemble electronic files and see to their electronic filing and transmission/publishing.
- Compile multilingual summary records (SRs) and verbatim records (VRs).
- Give guidance to short-term text-processing operators on UNESCO and United Nations policies, protocols and standard practices and on the operation of text processing software.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
- Completed secondary education and/or vocational education.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience in proofreading and/or text-processing, or equivalent experience, including experience in an international organization.
- Proven experience in the proof-reading of documents in Spanish language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to take initiatives.
- Ability to deal efficiently with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Flexibility, adaptability and readiness to work extended hours and to adjust work priorities to meet work volume and established deadlines.
- Ability to cope with technological developments and very good knowledge of complex application of text processing software.
- Very good IT skills and knowledge of office applications with proficiency in the use of MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Spanish as the principal language and excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Good knowledge of English or French.
- Specialized training/certification in languages or in a related field.
- Experience in an organization of the United Nations system.
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese or Russian).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website and UNESCO’s career website .
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment
UNESCO is committed to promoting geographical distribution ( last update ) and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as nationals from non- and under-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.