Years of experience:
08 Dec 2019
Overview of position
The IOM Somalia team is implementing front line activities as well as taking the lead in coordinating the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) cluster to improve the coordination, delivery and monitoring of humanitarian services to vulnerable populations living in communal settings.
Under the overall supervision of the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office/ CCCM Programme Officer and the overall supervision of the Programme Manager, CCCM/DTM, the successful candidate will be responsible for IOM’s Site Management operations as part of the wider CCCM programming, ensuring that activities implemented are in line with the CCCM Global Cluster policies and strategies
Support coordination with various operational partners and other relevant stakeholders by maintaining regular communications and participating in joint activities such as field assessments;
Monitor service provision and the overall site conditions to identify outstanding needs, and liaise with relevant partners to address any shortcomings, in compliance with agreed standards;
Provide support in identifying, analysing and prioritising site needs, and engage the displaced community in developing strategies to address any problems;
Develop, maintain and disseminate service mappings of the sites to identify gaps and advocate for solutions;
Conduct site safety audits and engage relevant partners on the results, to ensure the safety and well being of the site populations;
Facilitate mobilization, training, and equipping of displaced communities;
Monitor and document all site maintenance and risk reduction works and regularly visit sites to ensure minimum standards are met;
Account for and ensure maintenance of equipment, supplies and facilities needed for CCCM activities;
Assist in compilation of timely and comprehensive reports
Perform any other duties as may be required
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
· Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way