Technical Director, Cambodia
Years of experience:
27 Dec 2019
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Technical Director, Cambodia, you will report directly to the Chief of Party and ensures technical implementation of high impact, proven interventions that meet stated goals and reporting requirements. You will assume the responsibilities of the Chief of Party in their absence. You will coordinate with key stakeholders, implementing partners and government representatives. They will manage the implementation of key program activities throughout the targeted districts, oversee the work of program managers, and provide efficient operational support for the project team and will provide leadership on relevant, government or USAID convened technical working groups. Activities delivered under this project will deliver critical programmatic learning and establish collaborative models to address these development challenges for children and families in Cambodia.
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Development/Human Development, Child Protection, Nutrition, international development or related field required.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of professional experience in managing and implementing complex integrated technical community-based programs of similar size and scope in a development context, with a minimum of five years’ experience in the region, ideally in Cambodia.
- Substantial technical leadership expertise in at least two of the three integrated programming areas – inclusive early childhood development, child protection or nutrition.
- Professional experience should include community-based programming, not just institution level.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a technical team and in project design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.