Pusa, Bihar, India
CIMMYT in Pusa
The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to these website for more information: and
We are seeking dynamic, innovative and self-motivated professional for the position of Technical Assistant. This will be a Locally Recruited Position for CIMMYT-BISA. We are expecting the Technical Assistant to completely manage role as mentioned below in job description.
The position will be based in Pusa, Bihar, India.
The major activities of this position include:
- Support in execution of farmers participatory and on station demonstrations /research trials of climate resilient agricultural practices.
- Monitoring day to day field activities(irrigation, fertilizer, herbicide, insecticide etc ) and data collect of the farmers participatory /research trials as per the instruction of your supervisor.
- Keeping the records of input used, machinery and other services provided by the project to the farmers in standard BISA-CIMMYT format.
- Other activities time to time assigned by your supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture with 1-2 year relevant experience or 12th with more than 5 years agriculture based practical field experience.
- Good knowledge of crop production techniques and latest agriculture machinery.
- Good knowledge of local language (Hindi) and working knowledge of English.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Tuesday, 3 December, 2019 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA
(Email: / Please insert Position Reference number: IN19159 in the subject of your email).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.