Tashkent: Positive Youth Development Specialist
31 Dec 2019
- Position: Positive Youth Development Specialist
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Tashkent
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US non-profit organization promoting civil society development and good governance, is accepting applications for a Positive Youth Development Specialist for the Civil Society Support Program in Central Asia (CSSP). The purpose of CSSP is to cultivate a vibrant and responsive citizen-oriented civil society in Central Asia.
The PYDS will be based full-time in the regional office in Uzbekistan. In this role, the PYDS will ensure effective overall management of CSSP youth programming across Uzbekistan.
- Lead technical design and implementation of youth development interventions in line with global and regional best practices in youth development and youth-led organizational strengthening.
- Engage youth-led groups and youth activists and foster the development and use of innovative approaches to promote youth leadership.
- Oversee youth outreach events throughout Uzbekistan.
- Organize national youth conferences in Uzbekistan.
- Serve as an expert on the selection committee for small grants for youth-led projects.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Youth Development staff in CSSP Country Offices.
- At least 4 years of experience in managing youth-focused programs, preferably for an international organization.
- Deep knowledge of youth leadership development and youth empowerment.
- Knowledge of youth issues, relevant civil society actors and the political/social context across Central Asia as well as experience integrating youth empowerment and engagement with civil society programming.
- Master’s degree in international development, organizational development, public policy or other relevant areas of study.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Uzbek and Russian required.