Sr TA, SRH/Cervical Cancer
Years of experience:
Population Services International
09 Jan 2020
Title: Senior Technical Advisor, SRH/Cervical Cancer
Reports: Vice President, SRH and NCDs
Department: Sexual Reproductive Health and Noncommunicable Diseases
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI is looking for an experienced, dynamic candidates for the position of Senior Technical Advisor, Cervical Cancer (CaCx). This person will be responsible for proactively leading the growth of PSI’s technical, research and programmatic portfolio for cervical cancer prevention within the broader spectrum of SRH care for girls and women. The Senior Technical Advisor, SRH/CaCx will contribute to PSI’s strategic thinking on how to design, deliver and evaluate consumer-powered, integrated SRH care.
This person is responsible for providing leadership for strategy and new business development, as well as technical assistance to PSI country programs in design, implementation, and evaluation of CaCx interventions. The Senior Technical Advisor will also create external engagement in cervical opportunities and represent PSI on appropriate technical working groups, task force committees, as well as represent at external meetings and conferences. This position will require close coordination and collaboration with PSI’s Global Medical Director. Travel will be approximately 20% of time.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Oversee the development and execution of organizational and technical strategy for SRH/cervical cancer at PSI, by actively seeking opportunities to integrate cervical cancer prevention programs within PSI’s existing SRH interventions and platforms.
- Strengthen the capacity of country teams to develop, implement and evaluate cervical cancer/SRH interventions through remote and in-country technical support.
- Lead fundraising efforts for SRH/cervical cancer programs, working closely with PSI’s country teams and fundraising teams across the organization.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership on the development and dissemination of new technologies for cervical cancer prevention, and the role new technologies in shaping SRH markets across PSI’s global network.
- Regularly contribute to PSI’s self care agenda, for HPV self-sampling and other interventions, as part of PSI’s commitment to the global Self Care Trailblazers group.
- Identify, develop, and disseminate relevant program design, implementation, best practices, technologies, and monitoring and research information for cervical cancer/SRH interventions, and facilitate information exchange between PSI programs
- Oversee and coordinate the development and review of quality assurance systems for SRH/cervical cancer in collaboration with the Global Medical Director, including clinical protocols, quality assurance standards, and ensure these are aligned with global standards and best practices.
- Represent as CaCx technical and strategic lead on PSI’s global quality assurance committee.
- Collaborate with and support PSI’s Global Business Systems teams to manage routine data collection and reporting; support country teams to analyze and monitor data for improved decision making.
- Represent PSI in international and US domestic fora including inter-agency technical working groups and task forces focusing on CaCx or NCDs, conferences, and meetings.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other PSI teams/projects (eg Market Teams, QA, HIV, Marketing, Evidence, SIFPO2) to develop and disseminate CaCX-related examples of case studies, journal publications, conference abstracts, presentations via various media channels.
- Contribute to PSI’s broader NCD strategy and primary health care agenda as needed and as appropriate. Qualifications
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Relevant master’s or doctoral degree (MPH, PhD, ScD) with a focus in sexual reproductive health, cervical cancer; nursing, MBBS or MD degree or clinical experience in SRH/cervical cancer a plus.
- At least 10 years of work experience working in service delivery, operations research, and/or SRH/cervical cancer-related fundraising, preferably with significant developing country experience.
- At least two years of experience working overseas in a developing country.
- Fluency in English required, and proficiency in French, Portuguese or Spanish preferred.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills and ability to work well with a team.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
The successful candidate will be confident and highly articulate; a highly proactive self-starter and creative thinker that adds value to country programs; have the ability to effectively lead, inspire and build collaboration to promote integrated SRH interventions and programs at PSI; have excellent communication, presentation, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills; and, bring a passion for SRH and cervical cancer to the position.
Please apply online at www.psi.org**. No calls or emails please.**
*PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified**individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national* *origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance,* *matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or* *expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic* *information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member* *status or employment status.*
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.