The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is recruiting to fill the position of: Cassava Phenotyping Scientist. The position is located in Ibadan, Oyo State. Interested candidates should possess a PhD in Plant Physiology, Agronomy, remote sensing or other relevant fields from a highlThe International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Snack Bar Supervisor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Oversee all Snack Bar & Cappa Bar operations
- Ensure customer satisfaction through promoting excellent service, respond to customer complaints tactfully and professionally
- Assist management in revenue generation
- Liaise with the Head Chef to maintain quality control for all food served
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly stock take of beverages and report accordingly
- Analyze staff evaluations and feedback to improve the customer’s experience
- Project future needs for goods, kitchen supplies, cleaning products and order accordingly with the Stores
- Supervise and be accountable for beverage service during events
- Oversee health code compliance and sanitation standards
- Seek ways to cut waste and decrease operational costs
- Generate weekly, monthly, and annual reports for the Resident Manager
- Train new employees and provide ongoing training for all staff
- Assign duties to staff and coordinate the weekly roster
- Perform additional related duties as requested by the HOSTRAS management.
- B.Sc/HND in Hospitality and Management, Hotel and Catering or related fields with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing related roles in a well-structured hospitality management environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to use restaurant management software,
- Have good working knowledge of food and beverage services.
- Have very pleasant personality and strong leadership skills
- Be a good team player and honest
- Have good communication skills.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
- Job City Ibadan, Oyo