The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics, Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
To strengthen this operations and interventions in the country, we are partnering with Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) to fill the capacity below:
Senior Technical Advisor – Laboratory Services
Project: Global Fund
- Senior Technical Advisor – Laboratory Services in collaboration with the GF Headquarter laboratory Team in Abuja provides quality leadership in implementing laboratory services for AHNI including building laboratory capacity of the state laboratory technical team and partners health facilities to combat HIV, TB, malaria and other infectious diseases.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Master’s degree in Laboratory Sciences, Biological Science or related degree wIth 7 to 9 years relevant experience.
- Or doctorate degree in Laboratory Sciences, Biological Science or related degree with 5 to 6 years relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in laboratory setting of which 3 must be on a HIV laboratory management donor funded program,
- Certification / license topractice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory setting and working in a donor funded program is required.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with GF and PEPFAR programs is as advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&[email protected] with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Job City Anambra