AIIB HQ Beijing
Senior Sovereign Risk Officer/Sovereign Risk Officer
The Sovereign Risk Officer/Senior Officer will be responsible for assigning and monitoring sovereign risk ratings and assessing country risks in accordance with the Risk Management Framework of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). Reporting to the Head of Credit and Investment Risk of the Risk Management Department, the successful candidate will also be responsible for advising risk matters of sovereign and sovereign-guaranteed operations.
- Analyzing economic and sovereign risks AIIB faces as a result of its lending and investing operations.
- Assigning sovereign risk ratings and assessing country risks through thought leadership and providing secretariat functions to the Sovereign Risk Rating Panel.
- Monitoring of major developments affecting risk ratings.
- Active relationship dialogue with rating agencies and multilateral sovereign risk stake holders.
- Identifying, formulating and reviewing financial and operational risk management policies and ensuring that appropriate systems, procedures and guidelines are in line with best banking and peer institution practices, with regard to sovereign risk management.
- Assisting in the formulation of scenario analysis for capital management and stress testing.
- Assisting in departmental portfolio monitoring activities with respect to IT/MIS requirements.
- Leading the preparation of regular risk reports and advice on actions with regard to the quality of internal procedures and controls.
- A strong academic background with advanced degree(s) and a focus on macroeconomics, international relations, politics or finance are preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience (8-10 years for senior role) of relevant professional experience ideally gained working in a global financial institution or credit rating agency. Familiarity with AIIB’s client countries would be an advantage.
- Detail-oriented with a solid understanding of risk management; strong quantitative analysis skills.
- In-depth knowledge of operating procedures and systems; experience in risk control processes and systems in complex organizational settings.
- Team player with clear project ownership mentality; ability to work across diverse teams including Investment Operations, Policy and Strategy and IT.
- Proactive attitude, intellectually curious, creative and self-motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Master’s degree or above in risk management, finance or other related fields from a reputable university.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the job title and grade level at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.