Position Title: Senior Resources Management Assistant
Duty Station: Wau – South Sudan
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 7
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: October 11, 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. External and internal candidates are eligible to apply for this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first- tier candidates.
IOM in South Sudan has a broad range of programming centred around three broad areas: humanitarian coordination and support; humanitarian response and resilience; and peacebuilding, transition and development. Humanitarian coordination and support includes leading/co-leading the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) and Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI) Clusters, Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and management of WASH and Shelter and NFI core-pipelines, humanitarian hubs and common transport services. Humanitarian response and resilience includes CCCM, WASH, Shelter & NFI, health, protection, gender equality and inclusion, mental health and psychosocial support and the management of a Rapid Response Fund. Under peacebuilding, transition and development, IOM South Sudan implements programming on housing, land and property Page issues, transition and recovery, transhumance conflict prevention, community-based violence reduction, community development and migration management.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO) in South Sudan and direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO, an in collaboration with relevant units at Main Country Office and relevant Units the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the resources management functions in Sub-Office Wau
- Provide overall support to the Resources Management Unit (RMU) in financial, procurement, human resources and other administrative activities.
- Monitor, process and reconcile financial transactions and payments to staff and suppliers in a timely manner, maintain financial records using the IOM Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System in line with IOM financial regulations.
- Contribute to the monitoring of budget versus actual financials for the operational activities of the Country Office, Sub -Office Wau and its administrative units, including Abyei and Raja Humanitarian Hub.
- Review the imprest accounts and guarantee the safe custody of all available cash.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Country Office monthly accounts closure in compliance with the accounts closure checklist.
- Contribute to the preparation of budgets and accounting, financial, statistical and donor reports complying with relevant donor requirements.
- Oversee a filing system and ensure that all RMU documents and paid vouchers are properly filed and updated in the order in which they are entered in PRISM.
- Validate that all Travel Authorizations are duly completed before staff are authorized to travel and validate that all TAs and expense claims are duly completed, and all supporting documents are attached prior to dispatch for computation and reimbursement.
- Provide general guidance and oversight on accounting, financial policies and procedures to the Country Office Units as required.
- Oversee the office asset inventory in line with IOM Assets inventory policy and maintain an updated asset inventory report.
- Oversee procurement activities including obtaining quotations, preparing evaluations and recommendations, issuing Purchase Requisitions (PR) Purchase Orders (PO) or Service Agreements (SA) and delivery of goods/services in accordance with IOM procurement guidelines.
- Assist in developing and enhancing tools and guidelines in the areas of mission risk-assessment reviews, monitoring and reporting.
- Act as the contract administration focal point in coordinating with the IOM Office of Legal Affairs (LEG) and finalize draft legal agreements.
- Apply internal HR policies, rules, and regulations. Make recommendations on resolving difficult or sensitive cases in coordination with the RMO.
- Liaise with the Regional Offices, Country Offices, MAC and PAC with regard to the financial and administrative activities as required; and,
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience.
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- High school diploma with seven years of relevant professional experience
- Professional certification as Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is an advantage.
- Experience in financial administration including financial management, accounting, budgeting and audit.
- Experience in human resources, procurement and logistics.
- Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning system and,
- Experience working in an international organisation an advantage
- High level of computer literacy, good knowledge of MS Office, in particular in Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with national and international institutions.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report.
- Demonstrated ability to and exercise sound judgment.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) an advantage; and Knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results; produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication to explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust; creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision; works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Displays mastery of subject matter
- Display awareness of relevant technological solutions and sustainability
- Execute tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinates and corresponds in a clear and concise manner
- Seeks to improve efficiency in tracking, monitoring and evaluating
- Follows up tasks to ensure timely completion
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation.
- Demonstrates commitment to gender equality and prevention of GBV.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation and promotes the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Thorough knowledge of English language is required. Knowledge of local languages is essential.
Method of application:
Interested candidates are required to complete the information in the link and submit a letter of motivation and curriculum vitaemarked “Senior Resources Management Assistant” toe-mail: [email protected] Applications sent through email need to reflect the position title and vacancy number on the subject line. Strictly On-line Applications will only be accepted.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered valid.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
Deadline for applications: October 11, 2022. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Posting Period: 27 September 2022 to 11 October 2022