Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies.
Our network of offices currently includes the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. The team brings together more than 55 full time local and international staff, as well as 1,000 enumerators across countries, in a dynamic work environment. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization.
The Senior Research Associate in Rwanda will:
- Lead a portfolio of impactful research projects, from design to data collection, analysis and follow-through.
- Lead research teams to ensure we deliver value for our clients, using rigorous and innovative research methods.
- Build successful partnerships with clients and stakeholders and establish Laterite as a trusted partner.
- Mentor our growing research and data teams.
- Contribute to country-level strategic decisions such as which projects to pursue, team development, and how to increase the impact of our research.
We are looking for an accomplished researcher who combines excellent technical skills with experience in project and team management. Our future colleague has:
- A postgraduate degree (master’s or above) in Economics, International Development, one of Laterite’s core sectors, or related field with a strong component of quantitative data analysis
- Motivation to work in social and economic research in Rwanda
- At least 5 years of work experience in international development, public policy, economic and social research, or management consulting
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring research teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex research projects, involving data collection and field teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency in STATA is required. Knowledge of R and/or Python is a plus.
- Job City Rwanda