Job Title: Job ID: Senior Registration Assistant – Temporary Appointment
Location: Mt.Lebanon (Beirut), Lebanon
Salary Grade: Hardship Level: B
Family Location Type: Family
This Job Opening is available to eligible UNHCR staff members and external applicants.
Duties and Qualifications
Senior Registration Assistant
The Senior Registration Assistant is a member of the Registration team. The Senior Registration Assistant is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. The incumbent provides counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. S/he liaises closely with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up. The Senior Registration Assistant may assist in compiling and analysing information related to registration activities in the operation. The Senior Registration Assistant may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
- UNHCR’s Registration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are implemented in accordance with relevant UNHCR standards and policies.
- Persons of concern have fair and transparent access to registration procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern.
- Conduct registration interviews when required in accordance with registration standards and guidance.
- Provide counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation.
- Draft correspondence and reports relating to registration activities in the operation, when required
- Provide statistics and draft reports related to registration data, as requested.
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
- Draft and submit reports and statistics related to registration.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Social science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience.
- Good computer skills, particularly in data management.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
(In offices where the UN working language is not English, excellent knowledge of UN working language of the duty station is required).
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
Please also note that Arabic and English are essential for this Job Opening.
This Temporary Advertisement will be on replacement capacity for a Maternity Leave up to 24 weeks.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for written test and/or oral interview.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. UNHCR has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment. Successful candidates will be subject to mandatory UN Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment clearance check prior to receiving an offer. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Interested qualified internal and external candidates meeting the requirements of the Job Descriptions posted online can apply no later than 16 December 2019 Midnight Geneva Time.