The Senior Operations Manager is responsible in providing overall leadership, support and oversight of all field operations in Samaritan’s Purse Ethiopia to ensure effective and efficient implementation of programs. Areas of responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) overseeing procurement, storage, inventory, fleet management, communication, facilities improvement, assigned programming activities and the associated budgets with each of these areas and ensure collaborating directly with senior leadership on the development of strategies to enhance the value and cost-effectiveness of all outcomes within the functional area of operations.
- Responsible to develop, train and ensure compliance to the SP Procurement policy and FOG Manual.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operational and procedure manuals, Performa’s, Invoices, Purchase agreements, detailed Product descriptions, Quote analysis and other reports.
- Support and encourage supervised managers in their operational activities.
- Experience with and a working knowledge of Excel or other related data base systems and the ability to enter critical information accurately
- Acts as the main focal point for Communication Technology (IT), Procurement, and Logistics.
- Supports continuous up-to date effective and accurate flow of information between field sites, the country office, Deputy Country Director and Country Director.
- Develops and implements operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission, such as report management and information flow.
- Serves as a member of the Country Leadership Team, and provides support to the Country Office on issues related to Operations.
- Maintain and oversees national and international procurement systems to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of program resources.
- Enforces and upholds donor and Samaritan’s Purse regulations for procurement, as well as best practices for other operations that may include Fleet and Warehouse operations.
- Enforces Samaritan’s Purse procedures regarding contracted service, while providing frequent evaluation of current contracted services for cost effectiveness.
- Maintains awareness of local and national laws and ensures organizational adherence in partnership with the Deputy Country Director and Country Director.
- Establishes and maintains a harmonious working environment by introducing capacity-building trainings, and encouraging active participation at all levels to foster staff development.
- Ensure organization is represented at Logistics Cluster meetings in order to network and develop relationships with other NGOs, governmental agencies and suppliers
- Assesses, manages, and reports critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Although it is optional, the SOM is invited to attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong ethic that is not in contradiction to the Christian witness of Samaritan’s Purse to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
Education / Experience Needed
Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree required; four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree or related experience in project management, business administration, public administration, logistics, supply chain management, communications, or related field.
- Field experience and knowledge of the region is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and Amharic is required.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Advanced problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented with proven administrative experience and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A high level of personal physical fitness is an asset to this position and its related responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to handle and feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be frequently required to walk long distances at high altitudes to reach project sites. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to cold, heat and humidity as well as heavy rainfall. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send only updated CV and application letter to [email protected] no later than December 6, 2019. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ”Senior Operations Manager”.
- Job City Addis Ababa