Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSIers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work
PSI seeks an innovative Senior Manager, Technical Learning to lead technical learning strategies and activities – i.e. approaches to understand, apply, and share what works and why to achieve health impact –for a portfolio of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) programs in East Africa including DESIP (Delivering sustainable and equitable increases in family planning in Kenya, funded by DFID) and others in the pipeline.
Each project has a unique capacity to contribute to the evidence base for ‘what works’ to achieve health impact. The purpose of this position is to support projects to refine, develop, and execute a deliberate approach to technical learning, starting with defining a learning agenda, creating fit-for-purpose systems for program adaptations based on emerging evidence and evolving contexts, and to strategically package and share lessons learned from the project to influence relevant technical communities of practice.
• Articulate, update and/or oversee development of Learning Agendas in line with relevant global/regional priorities
• Facilitate PSI’s Learning through Implementation workshop series (kick-off, mid-point, and synthesis)
• Ensure rigor in how projects use evidence (global, research, programmatic) to inform program design, ongoing adaptations, and external dissemination
• Lead technical thought leadership dissemination (e.g. write learning briefs, host technical webinars, host online trainings, organize symposia, write and submit abstracts for conferences, etc.).
• Foster strong relationships with key staff from the projects, PSI HQ (FPRH Department and Evidence), regional support teams, and country teams in order to streamline and maximize learning;
• For DESIP, create and oversee implementation of County Learning Toolkits
• Identify and pursue opportunities to link the project’s learning to activities of other relevant organizations, donors, private sector groups, national governments and other actors working in SRH;
• Other responsibilities related to the position.
What are we looking for?
• Experience: Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in MEL, research/knowledge translation, learning, adaptive implementation, and/or technical communications
• Communication Skills: Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise technical writing, ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences, data visualization, engaging presentation style, and expertise in group facilitation. Experience in the use of multi-media formats to promote technical learning and research utilization. Lead published author in technical gray and peer-reviewed literature preferred.
• Sexual and Reproductive Health Expertise: At least 3 years’ experience working on sexual and reproductive health programs; familiarity with FPRH High Impact Practices
• Credentials: A Master’s degree in public health, international development, or communications
• Language: Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Methods credibility: Familiarity with monitoring, evaluation, and research methods;
• Working style. Ability to foster a culture of curiosity and adaptation. Ability to work across teams, time zones and groups over whom there is no direct authority to accomplish project goals.
• References will be required.
All applicants MUST have work authorization for Kenya. PSI will not sponsor work permits
Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae no later than December 15th, 2019 to [email protected]. Subject: Senior Manager, Technical Learning for Sexual and Reproductive Health
Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified.
- Job City Nairobi