VA ID: 611
Grade Level: G-6
Division: Office of the Executive Secretary
Section: Human Resources Services
Unit: Recruitment and Staff Development Unit
Type of Appointment: Fixed Term Appointment
Deadline for Applications: 15/12/2019
Reference No.: 161/98 (20250070)
Reporting Date: As soon as possible
Please note that all candidates should adhere to CTBTO Values of Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity.
Qualified female applicants and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
A roster of suitable candidates may be established for similar positions at the same level as a result of this selection process for a period of two (2) years.
Organizational Background The Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization with its headquarters in Vienna is the international organization setting up the global verification system foreseen under the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT), which is the treaty banning any nuclear-weapon-test explosion or any other nuclear explosion. The Treaty provides for a global verification regime, including a network of 337 stations worldwide, a communications system, an international data centre and on-site inspections to monitor compliance.
This position is located in the Human Resources Services, Office of the Executive Secretary.
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Recruitment and Staff Development Unit and overall guidance of the Director, Human Resources Services: :
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist to ensure the technical alignment of the Recruitment module and Performance Management module of Talent Management Suite (TMS) with HR policies and regulations;
- Act as super user of the TMS performing tasks in the back-end of the system, such as role configuration, update of templates, etc.; Collect user feedback, report issues and provide input for changes to improve the user experience and usability of the TMS;
- Provide timely Level 1 support to internal and external users of the TMS; provide guidance to users on how to navigate TMS;
- Assist with the delivery of training to the hiring managers, subject matter experts, interview panel members, PAP members on the Recruitment module;
- Provide input to support development of required reports;
- Prepare various reports based on the data extracted from SAP in support of HRS activities;
- Collect and collate data to assist with the preparation of periodic reports, provide statistics and input for the Annual Human Resources Report and respond to ad hoc requests in relation to other statistical reports;
- Responsible for preparation of vacancy announcements and quality control of documentation initiated from the assigned divisions; review documentation to ensure accuracy of content of memos, letters, reports, templates, etc., initiated for onward transmission to management for review and approval;
- Act as report writer for interviews panels as assigned, ensuring quality and accuracy of reporting on candidate performance;
- Ensure consistent application of approved standard operating procedures and policies; log exceptions, maintain and update databases that track deviating practices and precedence from standard procedures and policies; analyse identified quality or procedural issues;
- Provide input on quality assurance, data analysis and continuous process improvements as required;
- Assist in reviewing and processing requests for job classification; applying classification standards in the analysis of job description and recommended grades, perform post management activities to support the implementation of effective and efficient delivery of the recruitment process;
- Monitor vacancy status in JIRA and e-Recruitment to identify delays and support efficient and seamless process by following up;
- Provide support to the training activities of the Unit, including organizing training courses and preparing related materials;
- Collect annual submissions from Divisions of staff development and training needs identified for staff. Analyse identified staff development needs and prepare consolidated plan for management approval;
- Assist in planning and coordinating the delivery of approved training and development plans. Collect data and assist in preparing reports on staff training and development and reporting on progress and implementation status;
- Provide first line support and guidance to Human Resource Assistants of the Unit;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required;
- Additional training in Human Resources Management or Administration is highly desirable;
- Knowledge and experience in the use of and provision of support to Talent Management Systems is an asset;
- Knowledge of SAP HCM Module is an asset.
- At least seven years relevant experience part of which should have been in an international environment and include experience in recruitment, training, human resources and administration;
- Experience in IT related to human resources management, in particular HRMS/HRIS is essential (preferably SAP/ERP based);
- Proven experience with data collection, collation and analysis of HR statistics for reporting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
- Knowledge of other languages is desirable.
- Professionalism – Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Communication– Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Planning and organizing – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts printouts as requested; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently
- Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; builds consensus for task purpose and direction with team members; supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Creativity – Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks ‘outside the box’; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
- Client orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive relationships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress and setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to clients.
- Commitment to continuous learning – Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession; actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally; contributes to the learning of colleagues and subordinates; shows willingness to learn from others; seeks feedback to learn and improve.
- Technological Awareness – Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks, shows willingness to learn new technology.
Remuneration: CTBTO offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in accordance with the policies of the International Civil Service Commission. For more information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, see link: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salary.htm). The salary offered may be subject to deductions to the UN Joint Staff Pension Fund and Health Insurance Scheme.
- All applications must be submitted through the CTBTO e-Recruitment system before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
- The CTBTO Preparatory Commission retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy; to make an appointment at a lower grade in particular if the candidate has less than the qualifications required; to make an appointment with a modified job description, or to offer a contract term for a shorter duration than indicated in the vacancy announcement.
- Please note that the CTBTO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- The CTBTO reserves the right to undertake correspondence only with shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process or be requested to provide performance assessments.