Senior Business Development Officer (Grant Acquisition)
Years of experience:
31 Dec 2019
World Vision Uganda
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Senior Business Development Officer (Grant Acquisition), you will work within the Resource Development Unit and alongside technical leads on the development of quality project proposals. You will lead program and proposal development and design for high-value, competitive, complex funding opportunities, in line with World Vision Uganda’s strategy. This includes pursuing grant and private funding opportunities for multi-sectoral and multi-area relief, recovery and development programs. You will also support the creation and promotion of strategic alliances with donors, multilateral agencies, and other NGOs for purposes of resources mobilisation. As this is a senior role, you are expected to work on complex funding opportunities (including proposals in consortia) and to lead overall coordination processes with World Vision support offices, donors and partners.
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Senior Business Development Officer job opportunity should hold a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
- Five years of field-based experience in international development in East African region and demonstrated knowledge of relevant sectorial and operational areas.
- Experience with proposal development including support and writing with various donors, particularly US Government, European Union, UN agencies, private foundations and corporations required.
- Understanding of donor proposal requirements (EuropeAid/USAID/DFID, corporates, etc.).
- Track record of success in grant fundraising, including donor relations and proposal writing.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- This position has frequent travel to Arua District.