Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Send a Cow is a growing and dynamic international development charity providing training, and ongoing support to smallholder farmers in Africa. We give families and communities the hope and the means to secure their own futures from the land, in line with our vision of a confident and thriving rural Africa.
We are recruiting for the post of Information Systems Advisor, based in Nairobi, Kenya. The role is responsible for the smooth and effective running of Send a Cow’s IS systems across all our African country offices and forms part of a virtual IS team, working closely with the Information Systems Manager and IS and Database Administrator who are based in the UK.
The ideal candidate will have Technology focused undergraduate degree, 2 or more IT industry certifications and at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Send a Cow is a growing and dynamic international development charity providing training, and ongoing support to smallholder farmers in Africa. We give poor families and communities the hope and the means to secure their own futures from the land, in line with our vision of a confident and thriving rural Africa.
The Information Systems Advisor will work from our newly formed Nairobi hub, with the ability to work from home when needed. They will ensure the smooth and effective running of Send a Cow’s IS systems whilst providing support to staff in all our African country offices. The role is part of a virtual IS team and will work closely with the Information Systems Manager and IS and Database Administrator who are based in the UK
The purpose of the role is maintain the
External IT support
✓ Maintain supplier relationships with all external country IT support and monitor performance
against agreed schedules IT Infrastructure . Ensure all country office IT infrastructure is in good working order by both working with external IT and through your own monitoring and maintenance. This includes Phone systems, Power Backup Systems, Printing, Internet connections and SDWAN networks using Cisco Meraki security devices
✓ Install, configure and upgrade new equipment
✓ Replace older equipment with new when the need arises and in line with budgets
✓ Keep an up-to-date inventory of SAC tablets used by extension workers Workstations ✓ Make sure all user workstations are in good working condition and configured correctly
IT Support ✓ Provide application assistance to users that need help in different Microsoft Office apps including Outlook, Sharepoint, Teams, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
✓ Support users who request help when their PCs or Printers are not functioning well and advise users on troubleshooting steps.
✓ Rectify any problems reported by users and refer major ones to the IS Manger
✓ Support the IS Team with IT security through regular monitoring and maintenance of systems and workstations, and user awareness training.
✓ Support the IS Team with business continuity by ensuring any back-ups and workstation
configurations are working as expected, and users
are aware of how their data back-ups work.
✓ Travel to country programmes on a regular basis to provide maintenance and support as needed and to make recommendations for improvement.
✓ Work with country programme IT Super Users to provide an onsite IT support presence and keep up to date SOPs
✓Training ✓ Provide regular training for new and current members of staff for new and existing applications Budgeting ✓ Provide IT budgets for each country programmes to keep IT minimum standards.
✓ Support Country Programmes with their operational IT budgeting needs Travel ✓ You will be expected to travel to all our country programmes offices regularly Person Specification
• Technology focused undergraduate degree
• At least 2 or more IT industry certifications e.g MCSA, ITIL, CISCO, CISA, CompTIA
Knowledge and Experience
• 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Good working knowledge of M365 applications such as Outlook, Teams and Sharepoint Online
• A good understanding of how, and the skills needed, to maintain reliable computer systems.
• An understanding of different types of power back up systems and how they work
Skills and abilities
• Good interpersonal skills, with ability to explain computer and IT concepts to staff who may have very basic IT knowledge
• Able to use O365 Admin for provisioning and disabling accounts and related tasks.
• Able to effectively manage, operate, repair and maintain PC and local office hardware and software applications.
• Able to set up and manage internet routers, wifi access points, printers, projectors, scanners
• Able to work with PC Laptops, Android Tablets & Satellite phones.
• Willingness to work outside regular office hours including weekends when needed
• Previous experience of Intune and Autopilot an advantage though not essential What will I be expected to achieve in my first 6 months?
1. Gain a solid understanding of each country office setup and IT suppliers
2. Set up the new Nairobi hub office
3. Evaluate the current IT super user programme and make recommendations for improvement
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Deadline is 27th,May 2021
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.