OECD Paris, France
The OECD is a global economic forum working with 36 member countries and more than 100 emerging and developing economies to make better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. The Organisation provides a unique forum in which governments work together to share experiences on what drives economic, social and environmental change, seeking solutions to common problems.
The Programme, Budget and Financial Management Service (EXD/PBF) in the Executive Directorate (EXD) co-ordinates the framing of the OECD’s priorities, as well as the strategic planning of the biennial Programme of Work and Budget (PWB), supports the Secretary-General in the management of the Organisation’s financial resources, sets out financial and budget policies, hosts resource management systems activities, supervises the procurement function. Within EXD/PBF, the Resource Management Systems Division (EXD/PBF/RMS) in line with the Service’s strategy to automate and digitalise financial operations and processes, makes the best use of new technologies, defines (together with the stakeholders), the digital strategy for the Organisation’s corporate tools and includes the ERP Competency Centre as well as the PBF Systems and Support Unit.
EXD/PBF is looking for a SAP developer in the Resource Management Systems Division to participate in defining technical specifications, developing, implementing and supporting enterprise wide, mission critical applications. The selected candidate will report to the SAP Architect and Development Manager.
Business Solutions Development and Management
- Participate in the analysis, definition and implementation of technical solutions: design application (database, processes, user interface, external interfaces); develop application software as required, or improve existing application software to meet changes in functional and technical specifications, architectures and performance needs; review and evaluate commercial packages; develop, parameterise and customise application or package modules; define interfaces with external applications; parameterise software; conduct integration testing and participate in acceptance testing.
- Take part in reviewing business needs and defining systems solutions, including improving existing systems, in close collaboration with business owners and client Directorates, using standard methodologies. Participate in defining project plans and managing the project life cycle, being a part of the project team as necessary and ensuring timely production of stage deliverables.
- Liaise with the user area client support teams responsible for projects; actively participate in working groups on project definition, analysis and stage reviews. Adapt plans and specifications as required.
Co-ordination and Collaboration
- Co-ordinate the technical support and evolution of existing SAP applications, with the first level support teams and other team members.
- Participate in the definition of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation, upgrade and technology strategies.
- Contribute to horizontal working groups as necessary.
- Flexibility to undertake other related tasks as required.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A university degree in information systems, computer engineer or a related discipline.
- A minimum of four years’ experience analysing business needs and implementing SAP solutions. Experience should include the definition of contingency plans, the assessment of critical incidents both identifying workaround and long term solutions.
- Sound experience in developing and implementing SAP Solutions at enterprise level; understanding and defining control, usability, supportability, and security aspects of SAP solutions; implementing business process changes using SAP.
- Proven ability to interact with information technology and ERP specialists, both internal and external, to acquire knowledge and skills and find solutions to specific problems.
- Proven experience developing innovative solutions for business needs, demonstrating the ability to think outside of the box.
- Knowledge and proven experience in ABAP OO, ABAP Webdynpro, FPM.
- Proven experience in Concur implementations, especially on the Concur-SAP integration would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP application architecture and systems design.
- Functional/technical knowledge of one or more SAP modules: FI, MM, FM, TV, PS, GM, SRM, PA, PY, would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI and digital innovations such as machine learning, chatbots and robotic process automation will be an asset.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Achievement focus, Analytical thinking, Teamwork, Client focus, Drafting skills.
- Please refer to the level 2 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
What the OECD offers
- Monthly base salary starting from 4 599 EUR exempt of French income tax, plus allowances based on eligibility.
Please note the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates who are nationals of OECD member countries, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.