Washington, United States
This is an internal opportunity. Only IDB staff and DTCs are eligible to apply for internal opportunities.
Risk Management Principal/Lead Officer – Special Assets Division – 1900000987
Risk Management Principal/Lead Officer Special Assets Division (SAT)
Background: We are seeking a Principal/Lead Officer for our Special Assets Division (SAT).
The team: As part of the Risk Management Department (RSM), the Special Assets Division (SAT) is responsible for efficiently managing non-performing and under-performing assets of IDB Invest’s complex portfolio of private sector loans, guarantees and equity operations. Functions include restructuring, workouts and recovery of non-performing and under-performing assets. What you will do: You will work in the coordination and execution of the Division’s activities and manage a specific portfolio of non-performing and underperforming assets, reporting to the SAT Division Chief.
- Assist in the design and execution of the Division’s strategy and action plans.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of the work performed by the Special Assets Officers.
- Lead/manage a specific portfolio of non-performing and under-performing private sector loans and loan guarantees, including loans syndicated by the IDB Group to private sector lenders that are distressed.
- Lead/manage the asset recovery of non-performing and under-performing assets, including proposal of strategies that will result in maximum asset recovery.
- Lead negotiations with counterparts pursuant to approved strategies and implementation of actions to mitigate potential and actual risks.
- Assist in managing the close coordination with the Credit Risk Management Division, the Environmental, Social and Governance Division, IDB Invest Management and Board of Executive Directors.
- Promote management information tools related to special assets supervision and dissemination of lessons learned from recovery activities
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and support to more junior team members.
What you will need:
Education: You hold an advanced Masters/PhD degree in business, law, finance, or accounting.
- You have a minimum of 10 years (for a Principal)/6 year (for a Lead) of relevant experience, with 5 years (for a Principal)/3 years (for a Lead) in people management or coordination.
- Proven successful track record in designing and executing recovery strategies for complex and diverse corporate, financial institutions and projects with infrastructure and energy clients of different sizes and industries, within Latin America and the Caribbean, and in leading project teams on the assets recovery maximization activities;
- Clear understanding of the role and mandate of multilateral institutions and how these institutions support and complement host government efforts to engage with the private marketplace to develop their national strategy. Previous transaction experience with multilateral development banks and/or development finance institutions is desirable;
- Substantial experience with financial and legal aspects of transactions and their implication in designing and executing recovery strategies.
- Excellent understanding of the legal and regulatory environments of the countries where the IDB Group operates;
- Strong credit risk skills as well as demonstrated experience/track record of structuring, reprogramming, restructuring, negotiating and closing projects that are under-performing or non-performing, within Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Ability to actively manage feedback from a variety of internal and external stakeholder audiences including governments, private sector, environmental and social audiences, NGOs and civil society.
Languages: Oral and written professional proficiency in English and Spanish required; knowledge of Portuguese and/or French is preferable.
Link to Core & Technical Competences (← please Ctrl + Click)
- Type of contract: Fixed-Term
- Length of Contract: 3 years
- Starting date: Upon agreement with the candidate
- Location: IDB Invest Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of development fields, including transportation, health, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
About us: IDB Invest, a member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group, is a multilateral organization based in Washington, D.C., that is committed to the development of Latin America and the Caribbean through the private sector.
IDB Invest offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
IDB Invest is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
Job: Principal Officer
Primary Location: HQ-US-Washington DC
Job Posting: Dec 10, 2019, 5:00:00 AM
Closing Date: Jan 2, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
Contact Name – Internal: HR Shared Services
Contact Email – Internal: [email protected]