Follow this company
Job Summary: To manage social and environmental risks related to apparel and footwear sourcing in TCP’s supply chain. To ensure factories demonstrate compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, TCP standards and code of conduct. To implement factory survey and training programs as well as support follow up on social and environmental assessments.
- Engages with factory management teams, HR and production teams, and factory garment workers to support TCP’s Vendor Code of Conduct standards.
- Regularly visits factories to help keep up worker dialog and ensure remediation efforts by factories are on track.
- Escalates potential risks to Management.
- Develops worker engagement methods and survey processes to ensure TCP has visibility to worker grievances.
- Develops and deploys social responsibility training to factory teams and factory garment workers.
- Works with TCP’s partners to progress programs aimed at equal and decent work opportunities for factory garment workers.
- As needed, conducts follow up assessments, training and support in Ethiopia.
- As needed, conducts thorough investigations into allegations of poor working conditions at factories.
- Identifies and analyzes trends and best practices related to social responsibility in Ethiopia.
- Educates suppliers in all aspects of responsible sourcing, including human rights and environmental standards.
- Reviews reports of new factories being evaluated for TCP production.
- Identifies local resources to aid suppliers in strengthening responsible sourcing management systems.
- Represents TCP in industry events and meetings, as directed.
- Performs any additional tasks, as directed by Management.
- Effectively monitors applicable laws regarding labor and working conditions in Ethiopia.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 3 years or above relevant experience in Human Resources, Workforce Training or Industrial Relations
- Non-Governmental Experience (NGO) will be advantageous
- Possesses knowledge of international labor standards and human rights issues are preferred
- Fluent in Amharic and English; spoken Sidaminya and Welaytta will be advantageous
- College Degree (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- Effective problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can work in teams